TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61   Go Down

Author Topic: UM Poster Subscripti​on Series & UM Related Prints  (Read 117179 times)

boothlover

• Umphreak
Re: UM - Poster Subscripti​on Series
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 12:05:48 AM »

I thought posters were offered for every show...  I can't remember an UM show I've been to that didn't have a poster.

get in the van.  They are at maybe 20% of UM shows.

I'd say that's being generous. I assume he tends to only hit "bigger" shows. IE: Red Rocks, any holiday show, UM Bowl..

this

buddhaa

• Umphreak
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »

One thing to keep in mind is that these are also "special edition" so i bet at least 3 or 4 of the prints are going to be a variant only obtainable by having the subscription

UmphreakinPoopinAtItAgain

• Umphreak
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »

I saw there is still time to sign up for a subsription, anyone on here end up pulling the trigger on this?  I would have assumed this would have sold out by now...ters approaching quick.  3 weeks til Detroit!!!!1

freebort

• Umphreak
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »

I'm one to only buy posters of shows that I attend, so this seems like an odd idea to me.

Are they catering towards the people who are going to basically do the entire tour?

I plan on buying the St. Louis poster, but I wouldn't consider buying other posters of shows not attended. 

barkingpenguin

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »

I think if you're able to drop $375 for this, you could make a killing on the secondary market. There are always people who miss out at the show and are desperate to by the poster they missed at any price.
Still recovering from the 70's.

PattyMelt

• Umphreak
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »

I think if you're able to drop $375 for this, you could make a killing on the secondary market. There are always people who miss out at the show and are desperate to by the poster they missed at any price.

I'm putting some serious consideration into this right now. I didnt make it to ATL but I made sure my buddy got me a print because I know kids fucked around and missed them. Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna go about selling it.

barkingpenguin

• Umphreak
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

I'm putting some serious consideration into this right now. I didnt make it to ATL but I made sure my buddy got me a print because I know kids fucked around and missed them. Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna go about selling it.

I'd be careful if you are counting on the secondary market for these prints.  Only reason why is we don't know how many prints are going to be sold at each show.  I could see big events like NYE, RR and shows like that being in high demand.  But if they make 500 prints for Detroit, I could see some prints being leftover...
From the description on umphreys.com "The numbering system will be 1 through 75 for the edition and the "SE" element is entirely left up to the artist's discretion!" These will be different from posters sold at the shows - solid gold for serious collectors.
Still recovering from the 70's.

jachapman

• @chapstickfunk
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
  • Funkin' New Orleans, Man
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »

I imagine only a handful will actually be different.  Most will just be out of a separate edition (a la artist subscriptions).  I'm not saying it won't work... but historically, only 1/15 or so UM posters is worth more than face value within a couple years.  Besides, if the artists actually make "separate posters" it would be easy to email them for an AP if it was something you wanted.
How does that chap your dick man?
I wish just once an SJW cuck like Jachapman would use logic to convince me of something

• Umphreak
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »

I'd be careful if you are counting on the secondary market for these prints.  Only reason why is we don't know how many prints are going to be sold at each show.  I could see big events like NYE, RR and shows like that being in high demand.  But if they make 500 prints for Detroit, I could see some prints being leftover...
From the description on umphreys.com "The numbering system will be 1 through 75 for the edition and the "SE" element is entirely left up to the artist's discretion!" These will be different from posters sold at the shows - solid gold for serious collectors.

I see what you are saying!

I'd be interested to see how many of these artist do a special edition print for those who sign up.  If you are in to buying and selling, this really could be an awesome move!

PattyMelt

• Umphreak
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:29 PM »

I imagine only a handful will actually be different.  Most will just be out of a separate edition (a la artist subscriptions).  I'm not saying it won't work... but historically, only 1/15 or so UM posters is worth more than face value within a couple years.  Besides, if the artists actually make "separate posters" it would be easy to email them for an AP if it was something you wanted.

I hear what you're saying about 1/15 ends up being worth more than face value on a large scale of a market but all it really takes is one person to be in love with a print that they can't get their hands on. Not too long ago, I dropped $75 on UM Summer Tour 2010 print because I never got one back then and they rarely pop up. I realize that's $40 over face but it was worth it in my eyes.

1stimer

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Chicago
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »

I pulled the trigger. Hoping for something different then artists proof or just different numbering.

• Umphreak
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »

AJ Masthay- 1/18/13 The Beacon, New York, NY

buddhaa

• Umphreak
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »

Anyone seen last nights?  I haven't....
its awesome, my favorite of the run so far, its posted on Dan Grezca's FB page and in the um poster group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272973839449005/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:34:40 PM by buddhaa »

search4ringo

• Favorite Track:: Nothing Too Fancy
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

After seeing the Beacon and Brooklyn Bowl prints, I am happy that I did not spend the $375 on this. I am very disappointed. Especially the Brooklyn print.  What the hell is that? I mean, you wanna get Pollock to do the 15th anniversary poster- I get it.  But that?  Holy shit. I can't believe the band didn't politely decline.

AZJason

• Umphreak
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »

http://groundup.bigcartel.com/product/umphrey-s-mcgee-syracuse-landmark-theatre-2013

May be the best print of the run so far, artist edition.

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 01:36:17 PM »

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

• Umphreak
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:26 AM »

*Jim Pollock- 1/20/13 Brooklyn Bowl, Brooklyn, NY

I haven't liked Pollocks work for years.  Thanks to Phish fans, he's one of the most overrated artists who do these show prints.

I also think "15 years of facemelting" looks/sounds cheesy

Sorry to sound negative on this one, but def my least favorite of the three released thus far

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:21:19 AM by UmphreakinPoopin »

iamkickinit

• Umphreak
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »

I haven't liked Pollocks work for years.  Thanks to Phish fans, he's one of the most overrated artists who do these show prints.

I also think "15 years of facemelting" looks/sounds cheesy

Sorry to sound negative on this one, but def my least favorite of the three released thus far

Agreed with everything you said here.

15 years of facemelting? Lolololol :facepalm:   Turrible. Just turrible.

JWelsh

• UM Laison & Webmaster, Architect, Urban Designer, Music Fan
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: The Other Side of Things
  • I'm in charge of lemonade.
    • Umphrey's McGee
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »

Don't blame Pollock if you don't like that tag line.

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »

Don't blame Pollock if you don't like that tag line.
I think it might be how the tag line was applied and presented on the poster. It does look pretty sophomoric, but the whole poster does, as does all of Pollocks work. Big reason why Ive never been a fan of his stuff, along with the fact that artistically his stuff does nothing for me, I find it hard to take anything hes ever done seriously.

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

buddhaa

• Umphreak
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »

yea im not too big of a fan of this brooklyn bowl poster.  I think the best work pollock has ever done was the alpine shows from 09

Some of his stuff is cool but most of it i dont really dig

1stimer

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Chicago
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »

Well I bought the series. The samurai is the only one I like so far. You win some...you lose some. Life goes on.

• Umphreak
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »

Looks like there are quite a few Brooklyn Bowl prints you can buy off Pollocks website for $40....Now is your chance if you missed the boat at the show...

http://pollockprints.com/wordpress/?page_id=335

There are a bunch of other prints listed up on his site too, worth checking out if you are into Pollocks

• Umphreak
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »

Nate Duval- 2/2/13- The Fillmore, Detroit, MI

If you missed out or are still looking, you can still pick up the Detroit print here:

http://nateduval.com/umpheysmcgeeMI

clark164

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »

gawd nate duva'ls work sucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61   Go Up