TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 482   Go Down

Author Topic: Random, spontaneous and sometimes irrelevant thoughts and discussions about UM s  (Read 801205 times)

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss

Why are you upset that you posted on a fan page for a band saying you hate the bandís lyrics and had people disagree with you

I donít go on Disco Biscuits boards and talk about how I donít like them
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody

Remember...this was Rutasea at one point....
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

Southern Dan

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak

Why are you upset that you posted on a fan page for a band saying you hate the bandís lyrics and had people disagree with you

Because you have better things to do Colin.

Hilikus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Don't Laugh (I love you)

Aren't you the guy always asking to buy UM memorabilia on PT?

Discussing SOTY contenders and UM improv is way more appealing than begging for Pony's sweaty wristband or some w00k's laminate from a show you didn't attend.  For a guy struggling to find reasons to love "their favorite band," you sure do spend a lot of time seeking out items no one gives a fuck about while also roasting gn00bs on this DBMB.

I think I've got Jake's spent Budweiser can I swiped backstage from '05 or '07?  I'll confirm the year for you.  The '05 one be the hettiest to have framed.

slowciableslowdor

• Umphreak

Remember...this was Rutasea at one point....

Ugh I'm still angry

ISO ONE ICELAND PASS

any tune can improv of u make it into a sandwich 😋

UnCommon#5

• Relax, I'm a professional UMphreak/Kind-est Asshole around this side of the dark Web. ;p LOLolol
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Wappy Sprayberry, Much-O,Ringo
  • Throw it in your deep fryaaa chili chicken=<3onfya
    • don'tfuxwithflo.com/yuppp.Yuuuppp:)

Because you have better things to do Colin.

Definitely better than picking fights here and then wondering why no one agree's with you and is giving you shit then leaving off with :whistle: Wonder why..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:16:02 PM by UnCommon#5 »
The satanic voice in ResO is a part of UM$ character. It's not all unicorns + rainbows humor & darkness will always be present.

the "we C" part after those satanic vocals IS the ResOLuTioN

we'reonA#note2pass

[ter'ing]@ Camp Bisco > HBC > StonePony > LINY > Utica

&iT Was aLL Bc of TheLittering&..

UMFree

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • is it time to play sheep yet?

I generally enjoy BB lyrics, especially compared to the hot firey garbage that are most jamband lyrics.

+1

Baylissí lyrics are what really separated UM from the rest of the jam bands when I first started seeing them. They scratched every musical itch that I had and then hearing lyrics that were actually dealing with heavy emotions and just life issues in general completely sealed the deal for me. Ive continued to have lyrics genuinely connect with me with songs as recent as Attachments and Seasons.

Also find it funny that WK points out Nemo as a starting point of when he started to get turned off by lyrics. Not only do I absolutely love the lyrics to Nemo, but also, dude that was 15 years ago and youíre still not on board with BBís lyrics? Who provides the majority of the lyrics in UMís catalogue? 15 years is a long time to continually be disappointed and frankly what seems like almost angry at the lyrics that are written. On top of the fact that you also dont like BB as a guitar player or improv musician.

I sincerely appreciate the differing opinion and following discussion from said opinion, but you always just have a tinge of anger and shittiness. ďIts fucking trash that no one can connect withĒ is such an ignorant immature statement when you know damn well that there are plenty of fans (esp on here) that connect with BBís emo lyrics. Thats why we call you a troll. Just stirring the pot to stir it. Thats literally like saying no one likes pineapple on pizza just bc you absolutely canít stand it. And if you really thought there werenít fans of the emo lyrics, then maybe you do now? But either way, this is UM. Always has been and always will be. Its okay to not be a fan of UM and just be a fan of Jake Cinninger instead.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:36:46 PM by UMFree »

Whistle Kid

• Favorite Track:: It's Us

I really don't know many people who say they connect with BB's lyrics.  It's frustrating that folks here can never explain why they do--yes, I mean the new bort 3.0 BB fanboys.  I'm not upset you guys enjoy his lyrics; I'm not surprised either.  Of course I acknowledge folks enjoy them.  I just can't wrap my head around why and clearly your bland--they're so open so anyone can connect-- explanations tend to be really vague and simplistic i.e. not persuasive at all.  I'm also not seeking to be brought into the BB fanboy club.  I guess what I really don't get is the new Umphreak circa 2013-2019.  You guys just fucking confuse me and often suck at explaining yourselves. 

And I'm dying that Nemo is now considered awesome lyrically.  Fuck.  The music, the melodies, some of the compositions, the interesting setlists, the use of actual JOs, not generic opening "songs," the occasions when the band really plays interesting takes on songs and improv that feeds off each other--that's what drives me with UM.  The lyrics?  BB's choppy guitar playing?  Fuck that's rough but hey, whatever floats your boat. 

News flash: I've always been a dick.  Ask Bort 1.0 and 2.0.  Vince in fact nicknamed me Nick the Dick a long time ago because I'm just a fucking dick.  So hello BB fan club.  Can you grow a pair and a lexicon?  And yeah, discussing numbers on improv times is not fucking interesting.  Hence why the Bort has pretty much died :whistle: 

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak

Dick

iamkickinit

• Umphreak

I enjoy BBís lyrics for the exact reason why you hate them so much. Theyíre not black and white. They make my brain think. And depending on the day/what Iím going through, a song can have a completely different meaning than anything Iíve thought in the past.

Now - go ahead and tell me Iím wrong.

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak

BB is capable of pretty decent lyrics and some really lame corny ones too, but let's not pretend he used to be a poet.  At times his word play is a little clumsy, but I really like a lot if his recent songs like Half Delayed, Educated Guess, and Maybe Someday.

I kinda agree that his guitar playing has gotten a little choppier over the past decade but he is still capable of dropping some dope proggy riffs or leading a big peak in a jam.

And I have been seeing the band for 14 years....if that makes me a noob, happy to be one.

UMFree

• Umphreak

Kicking myself for not mentioning Maybe Someday on the newer songs with lyrics ive connected with. And if you literally want me to list specific lines and explain how they relate to aspects of my life and whatís going on then Iím happy to do it. Bc idk how else you want someone to specifically detail how a lyric (or piece of music) evokes a certain reaction or connection.

And depending on the day/what Iím going through, a song can have a completely different meaning than anything Iíve thought in the past.

Absolutely. Idk if I could even count how many times this has happened with Haji for me.

Hilikus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Don't Laugh (I love you)

I really don't know many people who say they connect with BB's lyrics.  It's frustrating that folks here can never explain why they do--yes, I mean the new bort 3.0 BB fanboys.  I'm not upset you guys enjoy his lyrics; I'm not surprised either.  Of course I acknowledge folks enjoy them.  I just can't wrap my head around why and clearly your bland--they're so open so anyone can connect-- explanations tend to be really vague and simplistic i.e. not persuasive at all.  I'm also not seeking to be brought into the BB fanboy club.  I guess what I really don't get is the new Umphreak circa 2013-2019.  You guys just fucking confuse me and often suck at explaining yourselves. 

And I'm dying that Nemo is now considered awesome lyrically.  Fuck.  The music, the melodies, some of the compositions, the interesting setlists, the use of actual JOs, not generic opening "songs," the occasions when the band really plays interesting takes on songs and improv that feeds off each other--that's what drives me with UM.  The lyrics?  BB's choppy guitar playing?  Fuck that's rough but hey, whatever floats your boat. 

News flash: I've always been a dick.  Ask Bort 1.0 and 2.0.  Vince in fact nicknamed me Nick the Dick a long time ago because I'm just a fucking dick.  So hello BB fan club.  Can you grow a pair and a lexicon?  And yeah, discussing numbers on improv times is not fucking interesting.  Hence why the Bort has pretty much died :whistle:
https://www.phantasytour.com/bands/um/threads/4285183/looking-for-um-collectibles

If you didn't see the band before Kris joined, you're a UM gn00b.  Fact. Come right in, amdew11!

I've still got that Budweiser can Jake suckled on for your precious collection.  IT IS circa 2005 by the way, so you know, it's more valuable than say a 2007 can.  Older item = more hetty points!  Hit me back, breh!

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people

It's fucking trash no one can connect with.

>Says this shit
>People stand up saying they connect with the songs
>Bitches at people saying their reasoning why they connect with songs sucks
>Stays on DBMB dedicated to the band

Nice
Simple fact it still remains

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak

WOLFpacker16

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Reso, Example 1, Tribute, DBK

The guy is a grade A troll though.  He pulled the long con troll as rutasea, goes dark, then returns after a hiatus only to admit to the trolling.  Now, even after he has come clean about his trolling and we understand him to be a troll, he is still able to troll effectively.
If you look I'm sure you'd see, nothing's really as it seems...

Albert Ross

• Umphreak

The guy is a grade A troll though.  He pulled the long con troll as rutasea, goes dark, then returns after a hiatus only to admit to the trolling.  Now, even after he has come clean about his trolling and we understand him to be a troll, he is still able to troll effectively.

Is this person really a troll though or is this just how they actually are? I think people claim to be trolls sometimes when they're just trying to make excuses for being a jerk, like people who say racist shit and then try to walk it back by saying they were just joking or being ironic

UMFree

• Umphreak

Is this person really a troll though or is this just how they actually are? I think people claim to be trolls sometimes when they're just trying to make excuses for being a jerk, like people who say racist shit and then try to walk it back by saying they were just joking or being ironic

My thoughts exactly.

Dick

Southern Dan

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak

I was friends with Nick back in 05-08...he actually lived with me the first 5 months I lived in Chicago in the fall of 06 and I always considered him a friend. 

I knew from his rambling, psycho babble he was typing under his newest handle it was him and called him out.  Never knew he made up a completely different persona (rutasea) on here before he was Whistle Kid.  Thatís kinda pathetic as is the way he acts on here bc his trolling is not funny at all.

Maybe its time to get some new hobbies or get on some meds or something bc nobody gives a shit about your very well-stated opinions on modern day UM Nick.  Go join a book club or something or volunteer and do some good in your community wherever you might be living nowadays.

:whistle:

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people

Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. Ruta is WK? It all makes sense now
Simple fact it still remains

iamkickinit

• Umphreak

I was friends with Nick back in 05-08...he actually lived with me the first 5 months I lived in Chicago in the fall of 06 and I always considered him a friend. 

I knew from his rambling, psycho babble he was typing under his newest handle it was him and called him out.  Never knew he made up a completely different persona (rutasea) on here before he was Whistle Kid.  Thatís kinda pathetic as is the way he acts on here bc his trolling is not funny at all.

Maybe its time to get some new hobbies or get on some meds or something bc nobody gives a shit about your very well-stated opinions on modern day UM Nick.  Go join a book club or something or volunteer and do some good in your community wherever you might be living nowadays.

You forgot to include...

:::Drops mic:::

UMFree

• Umphreak

You forgot to include...

:::Drops mic:::

boldboldboldbold

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
  • mostly chill, down for a thrill, not tryin to kill

If you dont troll the bort, what's the fucking point?
"Fuck you, lol" - JWelsh

Mittens

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sound One

Had no clue it was Rutsea. A+.

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss

If you dont troll the bort, what's the fucking point?

At least your melts are good
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 482   Go Up