TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 445   Go Down

Author Topic: Random, spontaneous and sometimes irrelevant thoughts and discussions about UM s  (Read 704673 times)

The_k13

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: BURNT FUCKING ENDS

The fact that they canít sell out Canopy weeks in advance is alarming to me.

Jambands aren't as big with college kids anymore

Queue the #laptopsolo

Seems like bands that play actual instruments are considered not as cool or something. In the end, it's the typical rebellion of youth against the styles that came before. And, in the end, it's all cyclical and the EDM will eventually be less popular and folks we'll get back into bands. Just gotta wait.

THIS generation's music is worse than MY generation's music

Funny to think of all the music I listen to from the 60s-80s and comparing it to now. In a few decades are there going to be "Classic EDM" radio stations?

There is classic dance already. House, techno, hardcore and dnb have been around for decades. And while none of those will make it
Onto a radio station outside of Europe (and Iím assuming Detroit and Chicago) it does exist

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss

Seems like WBG is heaviest it's been in the rotation in quite a while
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream

Definitely in the last two years

cshore

• Umphreak

Looks like it got a solid number of plays in 2014. Still, since halfway through this year I swear it's popping up almost every other weekend. And twice in one weekend that one time. That was weird.
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak

Looks like it got a solid number of plays in 2014. Still, since halfway through this year I swear it's popping up almost every other weekend. And twice in one weekend that one time. That was weird.

Most definitely. Just looking at show gaps it is easily the most it's been played since winter/spring 2016.

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people

I, for one, welcome it. That song is an outstanding metal song
Simple fact it still remains

mja271

• Umphreak

WBG is amazing, honestly one of my favorite compositions they have.  Would love to see a studio version with strings one day. Would be dope.

cshore

• Umphreak

Calling it now, Attachments > jam > Auld Lang Syne in ATL.

Winnertakesall

• Umphreak

That would be sick

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak

That would be sick

Divisions > Auld Lang Syne > Hanging Chads > Gulf Stream.

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • The hallways will always be there

Good luck, St Paul

You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously.

Professor Shuapop

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Utopian>N Nurse>Fir; IC>Syncho

That would be sick

Divisions > Auld Lang Syne > Hanging Chads > Gulf Stream.

Ultimate bro out

cshore

• Umphreak

No matter how ambivalent I become about UM I always impatiently check nugs over and over the day after they play a show just to look at the track times

Whistle Kid

• Favorite Track:: It's Us

Good call  :whistle:

UnCommon#5

• Relax, I'm a professional UMphreak/Kind-est Asshole around this side of the dark Web. ;p LOLolol
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Wappy Sprayberry, Much-O,Ringo
  • Throw it in your deep fryaaa chili chicken=<3onfya
    • don'tfuxwithflo.com/yuppp.Yuuuppp:)

I'm may be grasping at straws here.. but does anyone know of an instance where BB/Jake tease the 2nd half of Long Distance Runaround?  I could've sworn I've heard them jam that theme before
The satanic voice in ResO is a part of UM$ character. It's not all unicorns + rainbows humor & darkness will always be present.

the "we C" part after those satanic vocals IS the ResOLuTioN

we'reonA#note2pass

[ter'ing]@ BiscoNYEx4 > RMDx2? > Nh > Albany > Bklyn

&iT Was aLL Bc of TheLittering&..

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people

The continuation of playing new songs in the year they were conceived was evident again this year. Per Joel's twitter:

Considering Seasons was a mid-year addition to the rotation it's surprising it made the list

https://twitter.com/goldlikejoel/status/1054443377935114241
Simple fact it still remains

Random Ass

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian

Who else has noticed how Kris Myers can be a complete asshole and sabotage a song or even a show when another member slips up while they're grooving. I've especially noticed this between him and Jake, then Bayliss will get pissed off and adjust his guitar tone to really screw the sound up. Even Jake and Joel will have their feuds sometimes. I just watched one of their lockn sets on YouTube, and the first couple of songs were amazing, then they lost their groove, which pissed Kris off and the rest of the set was a wreck. When Bayliss was supposed to sing Kris went straight into a break beat, and then later when Bayliss was supposed to start to singing he walked away from the mic to get back at Kris and let the rest of them find their own way through the song. You can see Bayliss throw away the setlist because it was already screwed up. The whole set was a battle between each other. It was hard to watch. I've seen this behavior during a few other shows as well. If they don't learn how to support each other when someone slips up instead of sabotaging the song or show they're going to eventually break up or find a new drummer because I believe Kris is the main culprit in this.

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • The hallways will always be there

Who else has noticed how Kris Myers can be a complete asshole and sabotage a song or even a show when another member slips up while they're grooving. I've especially noticed this between him and Jake, then Bayliss will get pissed off and adjust his guitar tone to really screw the sound up. Even Jake and Joel will have their feuds sometimes. I just watched one of their lockn sets on YouTube, and the first couple of songs were amazing, then they lost their groove, which pissed Kris off and the rest of the set was a wreck. When Bayliss was supposed to sing Kris went straight into a break beat, and then later when Bayliss was supposed to start to singing he walked away from the mic to get back at Kris and let the rest of them find their own way through the song. You can see Bayliss throw away the setlist because it was already screwed up. The whole set was a battle between each other. It was hard to watch. I've seen this behavior during a few other shows as well. If they don't learn how to support each other when someone slips up instead of sabotaging the song or show they're going to eventually break up or find a new drummer because I believe Kris is the main culprit in this.

LOL fuck yeah

You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously.

Winnertakesall

• Umphreak

V4j shits on the BMG movement yet repost that pasta 10 times in one night

SteveDet

• Umphreak

#KMG?

Professor Shuapop

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Utopian>N Nurse>Fir; IC>Syncho

Giving 8/20/17 another listen today. So good.

LandLandNever

• Umphreak

Is this super serial?
Set I: itís not us
Set II: itís you
Encore: Chicaaaaagoooo

Winnertakesall

• Umphreak

It's someone's attempt at a BMG rant

Random Ass

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian

Is this super serial?

Not sure.  The OP deleted it, but everyone's been copypastaing it.

LandLandNever

• Umphreak

OP=drummer from Tauk?
Set I: itís not us
Set II: itís you
Encore: Chicaaaaagoooo
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 445   Go Up