TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 398   Go Down

Author Topic: Random, spontaneous and sometimes irrelevant thoughts and discussions about UM s  (Read 543899 times)

nextmovement41 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

kramm

• Umphreak
Re: Random, spontaneous and sometimes irrelevant thoughts and discussions about UM s
« Reply #9675 on: September 13, 2017, 11:58:50 AM »

When I was seeing UM at the start of my career, I exclusively listened to archive shows. When I started to get obsessed, I sought out soundboards.
I like this poster becuase it's equal parts rawk, golf and space. just like the boys

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian
Re: Random, spontaneous and sometimes irrelevant thoughts and discussions about UM s
« Reply #9676 on: September 13, 2017, 12:12:06 PM »

When I was seeing UM at the start of my career, I exclusively listened to archive shows. When I started to get obsessed, I sought out soundboards.

I had a rather opposite experience. In my early days of UM I was fortunate enough to be an Oink member, so SBDs was all I listened to. Once that got shut down I listened to tons of archive shows.

zach

• Umphreak
  • value added consumer experience
« Reply #9677 on: September 13, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »

When I was seeing UM at the start of my career, I exclusively listened to archive shows b/c KB would put matrices on there
  :21:

SteveDet

• Umphreak
« Reply #9678 on: September 13, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »

Lol such circular logic. "Casual fans don't listen to archive. If they listen to live shows, they're not casual fans, therefore casual fans don't listen to archive."

I don't recall mentioning a thing about the archive. Thanks for paying attention. If you're going to make up things and twist everything I say into something negative because of your preconceived biases, then don't bother reading it, thanks. Folks seeing what they want to see, like always.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:55:00 PM by El Bastarde™ »

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Track 29
  • King K. Rool
« Reply #9679 on: September 13, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »

Lol such circular logic. "Casual fans don't listen to archive. If they listen to live shows, they're not casual fans, therefore casual fans don't listen to archive."

I don't recall mentioning a thing about the archive. Thanks for paying attention. If you're going to make up things and twist everything I say into something negative because of your preconceived biases, then don't bother reading it, thanks. Folks seeing what they want to see, like always.

You mentioned people who listen to live shows after the fact. People who listen to archive are listening to live shows after the fact.
TL; DR...I love you all and will always love you more than the last time I saw you.

SteveDet

• Umphreak
« Reply #9680 on: September 13, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »

You mentioned people who listen to live shows after the fact. People who listen to archive are listening to live shows after the fact.

And I said casuals don't listen to live shows after the fact. That's why they're casuals. The source where they could get those live shows is irrelevant to the point.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Track 29
  • King K. Rool
« Reply #9681 on: September 13, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »

And I said casuals don't listen to live shows after the fact. That's why they're casuals. The source where they could get those live shows is irrelevant to the point.

Let me break this down for you. You said "filthy casuals don't listen to any shows, period." Then, when challenged on that fact, you responded with "Well if they're listening to shows after the fact then they're not casuals." This is circular logic because you're trying to say that casuals don't listen to live shows because if they don't listen to live shows then you wouldn't consider them casuals. You are proving your point by citing the point itself as proof of the point. It's like saying "well the grass is green because the grass is green; if it weren't green, it wouldn't be grass." I didn't mean to get into a condescending explanation of it but since you accused me of twisting your words into something negative, this is the reasoning behind why I called your two posts circular reasoning.
TL; DR...I love you all and will always love you more than the last time I saw you.

Professor Shuapop

• Favorite Track:: utopian>n nurse>Fir, IC>Syncho
« Reply #9682 on: September 13, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »

Archive plays are almost entirely dependent on speed of posting, promotion, and market size. I would guess that L4LM or Jambands posted a link to those tapes and not to Knoxville.

I believe LFLM had a write up for Knox but I know Jambase did not. Either way, other than the Bort's setlist thread, Joel's twitter, and most recently Bayliss via UM's twitter, Knox isn't getting the attention it deserves. I'm so glad I was at that show.

Professor Shuapop

• Favorite Track:: utopian>n nurse>Fir, IC>Syncho
« Reply #9683 on: September 13, 2017, 02:57:09 PM »

Let me break this down for you. You said "filthy casuals don't listen to any shows, period." Then, when challenged on that fact, you responded with "Well if they're listening to shows after the fact then they're not casuals." This is circular logic because you're trying to say that casuals don't listen to live shows because if they don't listen to live shows then you wouldn't consider them casuals. You are proving your point by citing the point itself as proof of the point. It's like saying "well the grass is green because the grass is green; if it weren't green, it wouldn't be grass." I didn't mean to get into a condescending explanation of it but since you accused me of twisting your words into something negative, this is the reasoning behind why I called your two posts circular reasoning.

I prefer my grass to have a little purple in it  :popcorn2:

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people.
« Reply #9684 on: September 13, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »

BRING BACK PROVERBIAL
Simple fact it still remains.

NJH973

• Umphreak
« Reply #9685 on: September 13, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »

Considering a definition of casual fan doesn't exist, I don't think assigning an attribute to his definition and calling it a necessary condition is the same as circular reasoning.

Also
BRING BACK PROVERBIAL

SteveDet

• Umphreak
« Reply #9686 on: September 14, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »

Dude, if you're that desperate to be declared the winner of the argument, then just ask next time and I'll just declare it. Because playing word games and arguing semantics isn't impressing anyone and I know that from my own experience of trying that stuff here.

And like I said before, everyone has different interpretations of the casual thing and it has no set definition. Yours is clearly different.

LandLandNever

• Umphreak
« Reply #9687 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »

AAAAAAAnnnyways

If you listen to just one thing today, listen to the Vision>stew>Q*Bert>stew segment from 9/14/11 in honor of its anniversary today. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian
« Reply #9688 on: September 14, 2017, 03:40:58 PM »

AAAAAAAnnnyways

If you listen to just one thing today, listen to the Vision>stew>Q*Bert>stew segment from 9/14/11 in honor of its anniversary today. I promise you will not be disappointed!

What I would kill to see those 2 songs back to back.

toomanypomas

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Front Porch, Uncommon
  • Preachin' the Rock n Roll Gospel
« Reply #9689 on: September 14, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

We need to petition for a qbert comeback. Its inhumane to not play that song.
you expect us losers to have any actual insight?

Yawnspterodactyl

• Umphreak
« Reply #9690 on: September 14, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »

I'm afraid that song is shelved for now.

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #9691 on: September 14, 2017, 04:07:09 PM »

yea but you get to hear in the black and little gift instead, you ingrates

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

Yawnspterodactyl

• Umphreak
« Reply #9692 on: September 14, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »

Speaking of Little Gift, did you guys see that song is being used in the new NASCAR game?!? Tite

Coop

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: > Kimble
« Reply #9693 on: September 14, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

I'm afraid that song is shelved for now.

I've given up on Q'Bert and I tell my self that it's just not that great of a song to ease the pain.

Random Ass

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: HBB, 2x2, DBK
« Reply #9694 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:41 PM »

To be fair, those two aren't exactly heavy in the rotation.

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #9695 on: September 14, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »

Q*Bert sucks.  It's such a Phish knockoff to me.  The song's little groove just sounds so corny.

To be fair I don't care for Little Gift either but they don't play it that much at least. 

slowciableslowdor

• Umphreak
« Reply #9696 on: September 14, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »

stasiks kid is maybe the cutest kid of all time. idk how he did it. I tell myself all the time I don't want kids and then he posts something to Instagram and my ovaries hurt
:21:

any tune can improv of u make it into a sandwich 😋

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Chapter 5
« Reply #9697 on: September 14, 2017, 10:25:53 PM »

stasiks kid is maybe the cutest kid of all time. idk how he did it. I tell myself all the time I don't want kids and then he posts something to Instagram and my ovaries hurt

Have you even seen the kid's mom

Winnertakesall

• Umphreak
« Reply #9698 on: September 14, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »

Have you even seen the kid's mom
If you cared about  future generations loser, you'd put on your little romper and blow your brains out on Facebook live.  Then at the funeral we could collect your mother's tears and mix them with your brain matter as a water based lubricant to use for collective masturbation.

Pookells

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Covfefe
« Reply #9699 on: September 14, 2017, 10:28:01 PM »

BRING BACK PROVERBIAL

I'd be down for that!

And I'm always down for more Mullet (Over)
Listen here, I've heard two shows before his time, two with him, and I don't know how to play a single musical instrument. I'm an expert.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 398   Go Up