TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anchor Drops . . . on vinyl!  (Read 3324 times)

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
Re: Anchor Drops . . . on vinyl!
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »

I still don't understand this remix and remaster??  What's the difference?  Seems really dumb.
They remixed the album because they have a much large amount of resources now than they did back in 2004. They probably just wanted to put out a more professional and polished mix of their first legitimate release.

Right, but I think Railroad's question is why not just do one remaster or remix, what is the point of both?
Digital needs different mastering compared to vinyl, hence why the original version was remastered. Taking a digital mix and trasfering straight to vinly results in a lot of sibilance and other unwanted noise. The remix is the new version for both medium.

That's an easy way to understand it, thanks.

Professor Shuapop

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Utopian>N Nurse>Fir; IC>Syncho
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »

I still don't understand this remix and remaster??  What's the difference?  Seems really dumb.
They remixed the album because they have a much large amount of resources now than they did back in 2004. They probably just wanted to put out a more professional and polished mix of their first legitimate release.

Right, but I think Railroad's question is why not just do one remaster or remix, what is the point of both?
Digital needs different mastering compared to vinyl, hence why the original version was remastered. Taking a digital mix and trasfering straight to vinly results in a lot of sibilance and other unwanted noise. The remix is the new version for both medium.

Evidently Mr. Ringo is an educated man. Now I really hate him.

SANDandHEAT

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »

Anyone else getting "code invalid" when you try to download your digital copy?  I already did a support ticket with nugs.net
Yup.

I tried Umphrey's and Umphrey's merch on Facebook.  I emailed Umphrey's merch and nugs.  No response from anyone and my download code that came with my vinyl still isn't working.  I'm not even convinced the URL they listed is taking me to the right page.

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »

Album sounds great, fortune cookie tastes like ass

Karl Hungus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Water
  • Praise Iommi
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2019, 06:55:12 PM »

Album sounds great, fortune cookie tastes like ass

I smelled it and threw it away. I laughed when I realized that's what was in the little box with the record.

I'm through Uncommon on my first listen of the OG mix and the record sounds fantastic.

mja271

• Umphreak
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »

Spinning the redux right now, sounds awesome

Random Ass

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2019, 01:28:05 PM »

in certain cases the pin shipped separately from the main order. you can drop umphreyshelp@musictoday.com an email if you'd like an update on the status. The fortune cookies were a leftover item from the holidays that we were including just for fun. If it was canceled we probably - finally - ran out of them.

SANDandHEAT

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2019, 08:24:47 AM »

Itís been almost a full week and I still canít download my digital copy. Nugs.net hasnít really been helpful and hasnít responded to me in almost 2 days...  anyone else still having trouble?

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2019, 08:55:52 AM »

New video today/tomorrow? I love Uncommon and interested to hear more behind it other than it being a funny song
Simple fact it still remains

Professor Shuapop

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Utopian>N Nurse>Fir; IC>Syncho
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2019, 01:23:21 PM »

New video today/tomorrow? I love Uncommon and interested to hear more behind it other than it being a funny song

It's up. It's in a pop-up video format. And no mention of anyone being stinky.

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »

Slightly underwhelming format cause I wanted to hear them talk about it but interesting nonetheless. Hilarious that their HS band won battle of the bands and then BB got kicked out of their band in college
Simple fact it still remains

Random Ass

• Umphreak
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2019, 05:52:23 PM »

Itís been almost a full week and I still canít download my digital copy. Nugs.net hasnít really been helpful and hasnít responded to me in almost 2 days...  anyone else still having trouble?

Try it at this link http://www.umlive.net/giftredeem.aspx

If it doesn't work email fans@umphreys.com.

SANDandHEAT

« Reply #112 on: Today at 09:13:22 AM »

Iíve been emailing back and forth with nugs.net customer support. They finally got the download to work a few days ago but it was just one version at 128kbps not the 320kbps advertised.  It should have been both the remix and the remaster. Today they emailed back and said they fixed it and the other version should be available. But now it says ďdownload expiredĒ. Itís absolutely amateur hour here. I preorder day one and still canít get the download I bought.  To make it worse I only get an email back once every 24 hours at best. Sometimes theyíll ask me a question that I answer within minutes and I donít hear back for 24-48 hours.

Random Ass

• Umphreak
« Reply #113 on: Today at 10:12:59 AM »

Iíve been emailing back and forth with nugs.net customer support. They finally got the download to work a few days ago but it was just one version at 128kbps not the 320kbps advertised.  It should have been both the remix and the remaster. Today they emailed back and said they fixed it and the other version should be available. But now it says ďdownload expiredĒ. Itís absolutely amateur hour here. I preorder day one and still canít get the download I bought.  To make it worse I only get an email back once every 24 hours at best. Sometimes theyíll ask me a question that I answer within minutes and I donít hear back for 24-48 hours.

Again, email umphreys, not nugs.  Theyíll be at summercamp for the weekend but I was having issues earlier this week and they helped out very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up