TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SOTY 2019  (Read 3697 times)

Southern Dan

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
Re: SOTY 2019
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2019, 08:04:51 PM »

Country/honky tonk jams do pretty much nothing for me.

Agree with this. While weíre add it repetitive cover jams (Norwegian Wood, Xxplosive, La Grange etc) are in the same camp.

Iím in the exact same camp Mikey.

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »

LET JAKE COUNTRY
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

Southern Dan

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2019, 08:41:07 PM »

LET JAKE COUNTRY

Gross.  Donít mind Jake country songs, donít like the country jamz.

LiquidDreams

• bUMphreak
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: DBK, August, MO

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
  • mostly chill, down for a thrill, not tryin to kill
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2019, 09:49:11 PM »

Opinions are like assholes....

Yea, except everyone around here sees you post and adopts your opinion as their own.

For another classic case of bort group think, look no further than the Joty 2018 thread. Bron suggests 3.16 AIT as a joty candidate, while I suggest it is only the 3rd best jam of the show. Guess which song remains on the joty list all year while the Kitchen and the Crooked never get mentioned again? Who listened to all 3??

Look, if you value the heavy side of UM and the cock rock,Bron is an invaluable source of good heavy UM.

If you value bluesy, patient, multisectioned pieces of improv, give my suggestions a chance. Again: xx shows since 200x. Not a vfj gnoob
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:52:04 PM by myfarm »
"What's your melt count?"

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2019, 09:55:14 PM »

Also that fact that 3.9 is still not in OP but 3.10 is just proves my bort think point. OP is waiting for bort elite approval to add 3.9...

:whistle:  :P

Southern Dan

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2019, 10:16:53 PM »

Also that fact that 3.9 is still not in OP but 3.10 is just proves my bort think point. OP is waiting for bort elite approval to add 3.9...

:whistle:  :P

I cannot honestly say what my personal soty is but it wonít be 3/9 or 3/10.  Comparing both shows for my personal tastes I can tell you why I prefer Sandpoint over Seattle.

Seattle s1 has Glory which Iím fine not hearing for a very, very long time.  It was much better when it was a somewhat rarity.  Iíd rather hear them play Sweetness once in awhile instead of only 1-2 times a year.  RP2 w TLS jam is stale as shit.  Sociable is a great tune and is stretched out but the improv doesnít really excite me in this version.  Conduit has a standard sounding Conduit jam, nothing out of the ordinary.  Love N2F but its unfinished...I love Make It Right.  L&LD is well done but Iíve heard it a bunch and Iím over it.

Sandpoint s1 has Triangle Tear to open, its one of my favorites off the new albums.  Loose Ends is whatever, I donít hate it like most but Iím indifferent on it.  The Kabump has a really cool jam and is always a treat to hear.  Mail Package is one of my least favorite originals.  Iíve always loved Linear and the jam here is really nice and melts into Upward perfectly.  Fuzz is an awesome, fun UM song and the Higgins to close has a short but sweet 5 min jam.  Edge Sandpoint.

Both set twos are very good with regards to song selection for the most part but Draconian jam does nothing for me and Iím so fucking tired of Booth Love its ridiculous.  I like all the songs in s2 of Sandpoint, Fir is a lot of fun and Front Porch is always a huge treat.  Sandpoint over Seattle bc of those factors

Encore edge goes to Seattle.

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »

Thanks for the feedback PKS. I never said 3.9 was soty but its dismissal is classic bort

(Edit to say that you dis Seattle for the booth but dont menion puppet. At 400 some odd shows, I know you are sick of PS too)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:35:24 PM by myfarm »

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:42 PM »

Lol why are you treating Bron Yr Aur (or anyone for that matter) like he has the final say on all things umphreys?? He has an opinion, just like you. Isn't that what music is anyway? Subjective?

I mean especially with a band like UM. There are so many styles and they play so many shows that obviously everyone (here) is going to have something to latch on to. There's no right or wrong answer to the JOTY/SOTY discussion. If you don't like this list, keep your own.....I do. We're all a bunch of wooks anyway, who cares what we think.

:wook:

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2019, 10:52:00 PM »

Lol at suggesting I am the one treating Bron's opinion like the ultimate one...

People suggested in this very thread that because Bron said something his opinion should be highly valued because he is a super knowledgable UM fan. Wait and I'll quote it.....

Lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:55:51 PM by myfarm »

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2019, 10:58:28 PM »

Quote from: All Thoughts Divided

Seems a little harsh. I put Bron Yr Aur in league with guys like Kev347 and DanRad in terms of knowledgable fans that usually (but not always) align with the way I view UM and critique shows.  Pretty sure he likes and appreciates more than one half of what makes the band great...

And this is the OP that still has 3.10 and not 3.9

L O fucking L
#bort.think
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:00:00 PM by myfarm »

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2019, 11:01:03 PM »

Speak up speak up!  :solo:

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2019, 11:02:48 PM »

Idk man. ATD simply said Bron was knowledgeable and his views aligned with his own. I for one value all of the opinions in these UM discussion threads. Hearing the whole spectrum is important. It's fun to see what everyone likes and dislikes.....even if it varies greatly from my own tastes.

Btw, I'm with you on 3/9. Love that show

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 11:04:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback PKS. I never said 3.9 was soty but its dismissal is classic bort

(Edit to say that you dis Seattle for the booth but dont menion puppet. At 400 some odd shows, I know you are sick of PS too)

Brah who cares just have your own opinion. For example, I know that 5/17/18 is last yearís SOTY and any of you basic chads who disagree are wrong.
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 11:22:10 PM »

Brah who cares just have your own opinion. For example, I know that 5/17/18 is last yearís SOTY and any of you basic chads who disagree are wrong.

Brah, because, just like last year's joty thread, what Bron said got held as gospel and what I said was dismissed without further examination. I don't need for my opinions to be held as gospel but I have been seeing UM and converting haters long enough to not be dismissed as not knowing the difference between standard great (3.8 ) and well above average (3 9) and great standard great (3.10) Simple as that.

Enjoy yer clique. Just trying to add to the discussion that was as dead as an old lover over the NW run; lifeless and vapid, with the same predictable moves. This whole thread just proves without a doubt the #bort.think hypothesis
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:37:39 AM by TerminallyPhil »

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2019, 11:24:11 PM »

Maybe your opinions just suck

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:14 PM »

People tell me my opinions suck every other day on here. Why canít you just be like me and revel in the fact that you are smarter and have a more refined palette than everyone else
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 11:28:48 PM »

Maybe your opinions just suck

you agreed with my assessment but maybe they do? jake chugs and cock rock sucks. group think sucks. my summer tour prediction is pretty spot on.  :bacon:

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 11:31:43 PM »

People tell me my opinions suck every other day on here. Why canít you just be like me and revel in the fact that you are smarter and have a more refined palette than everyone else

I mean, I kind of am tbh. If I don't stir the pot, my opinions fall off a cliff. I just want to linger on cloud 9 as long as possible

RyanF

• Umphreak
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2019, 11:38:46 PM »

Brah, because, just like last year's soty thread, what Bron said got held as gospel and what I said was dismissed without further examination. I don't need for my opinions to be held as gospel but I have been seeing UM and converting haters long enough to not be dismissed as not knowing the difference between standard great (3.8 ) and well above average (3 9) and great standard great (3.10) Simple as that.

Enjoy yer clique. Just trying to add to the discussion that was as dead as an old lover over the NW run; lifeless and vapid, with the same predictable moves. This whole thread just proves without a doubt the #bort.think hypothesis

Loved this.

sabretooth

• Umphreak
    • All in Time Jig
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2019, 12:33:20 AM »

lol Go to bed Phil.
He will be flogged.

I heard they give the 5 for 20 deals when UM plays Upward though

terminallyphil

• Oregonizer
  • Umphreak
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 12:35:26 AM »

lol Go to bed Phil.

its 10:30 i don't work til april   :0:

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2019, 02:01:40 AM »

Quote from: All Thoughts Divided

Seems a little harsh. I put Bron Yr Aur in league with guys like Kev347 and DanRad in terms of knowledgable fans that usually (but not always) align with the way I view UM and critique shows.  Pretty sure he likes and appreciates more than one half of what makes the band great...

And this is the OP that still has 3.10 and not 3.9

L O fucking L
#bort.think

Are you serious dude?!!  I just posted the list today at someoneís request and said I needed to listen to 3/9 again...  Pretty sad that you are personally defending the validity and strength of a single show like it was your child...  Take a chill pill bro.

Edit:  you were the one who asked for the list a whopping 12 hours ago and now you are butthurt that ďyour showĒ isnít on it?  Holy fuck dude... 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:14:56 AM by All Thoughts Divided »

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2019, 02:26:30 AM »

:whistle:  :

I keep seeing these gems in this thread... 

No the only fact is that I havenít had a chance to listen to 3/9 in the time since you asked me to compile a list in the OP.

Serious question, are you an acid casualty? 

Pookells

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Remind Me, Synco
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2019, 03:01:11 AM »

:whistle:  :

I keep seeing these gems in this thread... 

No the only fact is that I havenít had a chance to listen to 3/9 in the time since you asked me to compile a list in the OP.

Serious question, are you an acid casualty?

Give 3/9 a listen when you get the opportunity.  Well worth the listen, especially the 2nd set minus Seasons.
lol y'all are some authoritarian loving motherfuckers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up