TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: UM Shows With the Most Improv  (Read 9101 times)

Mags

• Umphreak
Re: UM Shows With the Most Improv
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2017, 01:17:45 PM »

Wow I've been to 4 of the top 6. Nice!

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »

Bump cause this thread is the epitome of music nerds and I love it.

Mags

• Umphreak
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »

Bump cause this thread is the epitome of music nerds and I love it.

Great thread

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »

11/18/08 has to be up there, there's like 50 mins of improv between just Water, Bridgeless and GYM(RH) and I know there's some improv in LMS, Tribute and Sociable..

YesDiablo1996

• Favorite Track:: No Diablo
  • Ya but he wrote Divisions
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »

11/18/08 has to be up there, there's like 50 mins of improv between just Water, Bridgeless and GYM(RH) and I know there's some improv in LMS, Tribute and Sociable..

Not sure where the improv clocks in at, but this thread is definitely great. Also, this show is pure unadulterated heat!

2nd selfd

« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2018, 12:17:25 AM »

you guys are snoozing on 5/18/18

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »

you guys are snoozing on 5/18/18

Fire up the improv calc brah. This thread had been dormant for 7 months before that show.

opsopcopolis

• Umphreak
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »

My guess from rough estimates just looking at those track times is that that show sits under 50 min
Fuck you, I'm honestly a very tolerant person.

DULL FILLEtED

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Skip to the jam
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2018, 09:27:18 PM »

Providence show is 65 minutes

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2018, 09:57:39 PM »

Providence show is 65 minutes

Yeah, that show is definitely up there for most of the year.  There are like 5 good jams in the first 4 songs...and then the second set has improv in every single song.

The Plunger, Intentions, and Fir jams are particularly good.

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2019, 11:47:12 PM »

Deep bump on this thread

58:15. Surprising. Looking at about 16 minutes each in Water/Bridgeless/Milk which is insane but I found no jamming in LMS, and Tribute and Sociable only having about 10 minutes between them. It's interesting going back to these older "golden era" shows and seeing that while huge jams are more common, there also tends to be shows with more improv overall these days.

For example...

3/29/19 clocks in at 67:30. Out of all the shows we've clocked that's in the top 10. It's strange to count out like that because there aren't 3 songs clocking in at over 20 minutes each but I guess they jam far more songs in a show now than a lot of shows in the vein of 11/18/08 with a handful of huge jams.
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2019, 12:22:20 AM »

2/15/19 just barely squeaking in under 70 minutes.
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2019, 06:38:47 AM »

Yeah 2/15/19 has to be the most jammed show of 2019.

Both Aspen shows look to have about an hour or more.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2019, 07:10:55 AM »

New Haven is up there too for this year. More than an hour(+).

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2019, 08:10:52 AM »

Deep bump on this thread

58:15. Surprising. Looking at about 16 minutes each in Water/Bridgeless/Milk which is insane but I found no jamming in LMS, and Tribute and Sociable only having about 10 minutes between them. It's interesting going back to these older "golden era" shows and seeing that while huge jams are more common, there also tends to be shows with more improv overall these days.

For example...

3/29/19 clocks in at 67:30. Out of all the shows we've clocked that's in the top 10. It's strange to count out like that because there aren't 3 songs clocking in at over 20 minutes each but I guess they jam far more songs in a show now than a lot of shows in the vein of 11/18/08 with a handful of huge jams.

Quality > Quantity.  You'd have to be fucking high to think that 3/29/19 is a better show than 11/18/08.  I'd take set 1 alone over anything from this year.

Hilikus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Don't Laugh (I love you)
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »

Yep

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »

Deep bump on this thread

For example...

Quality > Quantity.  You'd have to be fucking high to think that 3/29/19 is a better show than 11/18/08.  I'd take set 1 alone over anything from this year.

Never said I preferred it? Just something I find interesting.

mja271

• Umphreak
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »

I noticed something similar listening back to my first show 4/13/08 today.  Not by any means a super noteworthy show, but just found it interesting to see there's only improv in like 4 songs the whole show, but 3 of those jams are 9.5, 12.5, and 15 mins in length. 

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2019, 12:28:45 PM »

I noticed something similar listening back to my first show 4/13/08 today.  Not by any means a super noteworthy show, but just found it interesting to see there's only improv in like 4 songs the whole show, but 3 of those jams are 9.5, 12.5, and 15 mins in length.

That's how my band liked to roll too. In shorter shows we'd maybe only get 2 jams in there, but our jams rarely fell under 11-12 minutes. I was actually pushing to move toward more jams with a medium length because at least as a player it's much more fun. Instead we opted to stop jamming or even playing altogether  :slap:

gatroe

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: WLTP
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2019, 01:30:33 PM »

That's how my band liked to roll too. In shorter shows we'd maybe only get 2 jams in there, but our jams rarely fell under 11-12 minutes. I was actually pushing to move toward more jams with a medium length because at least as a player it's much more fun. Instead we opted to stop jamming or even playing altogether  :slap:

What band are you in?
Im not a buy the pack type.. more of the bum a cig type which is arguably worse.
What's your show stream count?

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2019, 01:43:22 PM »

What band are you in?

Disco Biscuits
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up