TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Show You've Seen  (Read 4026 times)

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
Re: Worst Show You've Seen
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2019, 11:54:44 AM »

What was wrong with HBC? Best standard attachments ever played.

Show was as fam as it gets, but pretty standardtown.

Edit: no recollection of RW being played in Boston, I might relisten and see if it’s any good.

It's not bad, the jam reminds me a lot of Kula.  Not noteworthy by any means.

Just listened, yeah essentially slowed down Kula but with the first chord being E instead of B. A little too cock rock for my tastes. I remember now being unenthused in the moment. Probably actually my least favorite version of the song that I've caught.
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »

Edit: no recollection of RW being played in Boston, I might relisten and see if it’s any good.

Just listened, yeah essentially slowed down Kula but with the first chord being E instead of B. A little too cock rock for my tastes. I remember now being unenthused in the moment. Probably actually my least favorite version of the song that I've caught.

Only real noteworthy improv from Boston was The Floor and 3x which had huge potential but got aborted for Upward..

carfunzo

• Umphreak
  • Listen to Podcast #46
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »

This show contains the worst moment in UM history, the Partyin' Keller Williams Lion Sleeps Tonight Peeps.  I remember not enjoying most the show, but look at that first set.  Definitely going to have to give it a relisten, because there has got to be some heat in there.

02.16.2007 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, USA
Set 1: Believe the Lie, Blue Echo > Passing > Plunger > All In Time

Set 2: Hurt Bird Bath, Divisions > The Triple Wide[1] > Partyin' Peeps[2], Kimble, Resolution > Divisions

Encore: Mulche's Odyssey

[1] with Jake on keys
[2] with Keller Williams on vocals; with The Lion Sleeps Tonight (The Tokens) 
Place is a fluffing custy newb shit fest.

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »

Only real noteworthy improv from Boston was The Floor and 3x which had huge potential but got aborted for Upward..

Naturally
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

LandLandNever

• Umphreak
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2019, 01:13:32 PM »

Show contains the worst moment in UM historyPartyin' Keller Williams Lion Sleeps Tonight Peeps.  I remember not enjoying most the show, but look at that first set.  Definitely going to have to give it a relisten, because there has got to be some heat in there.

02.16.2007 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, USA
Set 1: Believe the Lie, Blue Echo > Passing > Plunger > All In Time

Set 2: Hurt Bird Bath, Divisions > The Triple Wide[1] > Partyin' Peeps[2], Kimble, Resolution > Divisions

Encore: Mulche's Odyssey

[1] with Jake on keys
[2] with Keller Williams on vocals; with The Lion Sleeps Tonight (The Tokens)

bolded is next new thread?

Mal

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Speak up, speak up!
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

If it wasn't for the greatest standard Attachments of all time HBC 18 would also be on my list as well. I also barely remember that show.

opsopcopolis

• Umphreak
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2019, 07:51:07 PM »

That show made me legit angry
Fuck you, I'm honestly a very tolerant person.

BrockSamson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: AiT,Mulche's,Phils,Tribute,ATN
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »

I honestly can’t believe that NYE ‘18 was one of the worst shows you have seen.  It was my least favorite of the 4 night run but it was a really fun show.  Good original song selection and covers were great, I never really expect much improv NYE so that doesn’t factor in like it does for a normal two set show.

I can. I remember streaming it and laughing about how bad it was and being glad I went the night before and not NYE. The worst looking on paper show in may have ever seen and the playing was equally as bad minus CW2. The horn challenge was such a waste of time and I honestly would have been pretty pissed by the end of the show had I been there.

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »

I honestly can’t believe that NYE ‘18 was one of the worst shows you have seen.  It was my least favorite of the 4 night run but it was a really fun show.  Good original song selection and covers were great, I never really expect much improv NYE so that doesn’t factor in like it does for a normal two set show.

I can. I remember streaming it and laughing about how bad it was and being glad I went the night before and not NYE. The worst looking on paper show in may have ever seen and the playing was equally as bad minus CW2. The horn challenge was such a waste of time and I honestly would have been pretty pissed by the end of the show had I been there.

There were A LOT of people that left disappointed/upset that night. It was so quiet and flat in the lot after the show. Weird vibe after a new year's show. Especially in comparison to the night before. When the Tabby emptied on the 30th.....people we're LIT and having a great time.

I wouldn't put NYE '18 in the worst show ever category....but it was pretty bad.
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

drbell

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2019, 12:09:19 PM »

This was the only show I've seen that I really had negative feelings about:

07.13.2011 Saranac Brewery, Utica, NY, USA
One Set: Slacker, Cemetery Walk, Forks, Resolution -> 13 Days, Turn & Dub[1] > Miss Tinkle's Overture[2], I Want You (She's So Heavy), The Floor

Encore: East Nashville Easter[3], Partyin' Peeps[4]

I thought this show was just kind of there with nothing that excited me:

08.31.2013 Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, MA, USA
One Set: Plunger > Walletsworth, Crucial Taunt, The Pequod, The Linear > Glory > Deeper, Divisions > Soul Food II > Divisions, No Diablo, White Pickle > Regulate[1], Mulche's Odyssey

People have mentioned a few Boston HoB shows, but I've always enjoyed them more than the above.

Ah see, different strokes! I love that Utica show. That 3 jam reso is one of my favorite reso's Ive ever seen personally and the return to Tinkles is top notch.

The reso was literally the only part of the show I remembered as being a highlight, even right after the show! So, we aren't totally off I guess.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2019, 12:22:15 PM »

Last June’s HOB show was FAR from being a worst ever contender. I liked that show (Draconian opener, RW, Floor, 3x, Debra bust out, etc). Show of the year?  Not close. Worst ever?  Not close. As has been mentioned two HOB shows (2/26/10 and 10/31/14) are actually bad, last year’s was way better than those clunkers.

SullivaNole

• Favorite Track:: standard Puppet String encore
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »

1/10/15 JamCruise
1/21/18 Beacon

RailroadEarther

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Hurt. Bird. Bath.
  • PACK ATTACK
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »

Mine was an early starting Saturday night show at First Ave.  Those Saturday night early start times there sucked so much, really glad they have moved over to the Palace. 

It was my 50th show too, left shortly after setbreak.  Was tiredAF from the night before, wasn't feeling it at all and was just nuts to butts in there with aggro dudes. 

I've had a few other show I didn't love, I remember being underwhelmed by most of that 3 night Riv run...but mostly of my 75ish, they've all been great. 

I guess these instincts they bring back more

Pookells

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Remind Me, Synco
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2019, 06:59:24 PM »

03.07.2014 Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Bright Lights, Big City, Much Obliged > White Pickle[1], No Diablo, Dump City, The Linear > Miss Tinkle's Overture

Set 2: Plunger > Hajimemashite > Plunger, Ringo, Prowler > 1348, Rock the Casbah > Drums[2], Puppet String

Encore: Pay the Snucka

Yeah, this one really sucked!  I was gonna post this one.

The BLBC, MO, Dump and Linear are somewhat redeeming but that 4th quarter of the show is pretty rough.

I think the fact that UM played an absolute facemelter in Seattle the night before had set my expectations really high for Portland.  While I remember Dump and Linear being decent, the show has literally no relisten value for me and I haven't listened to this show since '14.  However, I did have fun hanging out with hodor, miggagee, Tynan, fussy asianmelt, WhatsYourShowCount and WWP. 
Damn 3/20$ I need to move to Seattle.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2019, 07:26:09 PM »

I think that 1st set was pretty good. 2nd was definitely bad. If you want to see a real clunker of a Stasik set list check out the next night in Oakland

Pookells

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Remind Me, Synco
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »

I think that 1st set was pretty good. 2nd was definitely bad. If you want to see a real clunker of a Stasik set list check out the next night in Oakland

That's a fair point.  Oakland was a bit of a WTF show.  I was glad they redeemed themselves in Ashland!
Damn 3/20$ I need to move to Seattle.

rollinfunk

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2019, 11:25:19 PM »

04/20/2008 • The National Mall • Washington, DC
Tour: Spring Tour 2008
Event: Green Apple Music Festival
Notes: With: The Roots & Friends, Gov't Mule, Toots & The Maytals, Thievery Corporation (DJ Set), Warren Haynes solo acoustic, DC Boys Choir, and CityDance
Set 1: In the Kitchen> Glory> In the Kitchen, Nemo, Plunger

The show after UM got cancelled due to weather. It monsooned right after UM before Mule if I remember and we got soaked trying to catch the metro leaving the show. we were on tour and didn't know it was going to be cold and rainy. The show wasn't bad but it was a 50 min fest set so there was no improv. It wasn't worth the rain storm

Mal

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Speak up, speak up!
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2019, 09:18:12 AM »

Last June’s HOB show was FAR from being a worst ever contender. I liked that show (Draconian opener, RW, Floor, 3x, Debra bust out, etc). Show of the year?  Not close. Worst ever?  Not close. As has been mentioned two HOB shows (2/26/10 and 10/31/14) are actually bad, last year’s was way better than those clunkers.

The thread is about worst shows you've seen. It's on my list.  :)

opsopcopolis

• Umphreak
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »

Notes: With: The Roots & Friends, Gov't Mule, Toots & The Maytals, Thievery Corporation (DJ Set), Warren Haynes solo acoustic, DC Boys Choir, and CityDance

The show after UM got cancelled due to weather. It monsooned right after UM before Mule if I remember and we got soaked trying to catch the metro leaving the show. we were on tour and didn't know it was going to be cold and rainy. The show wasn't bad but it was a 50 min fest set so there was no improv. It wasn't worth the rain storm

I was in DC that day with my family. About a week after my second UM show and I wanted to make it down to the stage SO BADLY. Ended up walking around in the downpour and then making it over there during Warren's acoustic set. Saw Obama and Ed Norton too iirc.
Fuck you, I'm honestly a very tolerant person.

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2019, 09:43:31 AM »

09.02.2012 "NORTH COAST MUSIC FESTIVAL" CONGRESS THEATER, CHICAGO, IL, USA
Set 1: The Floor, Wappy Sprayberry > Wife Soup, Resolution > Booth Love, Comma Later, Hangover

Set 2: Pay the Snucka > The Triple Wide, The Plot Thickens[1], In The Kitchen[2], Conduit > Hajimemashite > Conduit, Rosanna > Hurt Bird Bath

Encore: When the World Is Running Down You Make the Best of What's Still Around > Pay the Snucka[3]

[1] debut, remix of Deeper by The Palmer Squares from Death By Remix; with The Palmer Squares
[2] with Another One Bites the Dust (Queen) teases
[3] with Bulls On Parade (Rage Against the Machine) jam
Notes:
official after party

The Resolution > Booth Love segment was noteworthy but nothing else stands out from this show.

10.27.2012 RIVERSIDE THEATER, MILWAUKEE, WI, USA
Set 1: Wappy Sprayberry > All In Time > Smell the Mitten, Loose Ends, Slacker, Life During Exodus[1], JaJunk

Set 2: The Triple Wide > Rocker Part 2, Ace of Long Nights[2], Kabump[3] > Mulche's Odyssey, Andy's Last Beer, Prowler[4] > All In Time

Encore: Frankie Zombie[5]

[1] debut; Life During Wartime (Talking Heads) + Exodus (Bob Marley) + City of Tiny Lites (Frank Zappa) mash-up; with Charlie Otto (This Must Be the Band) on vocals
[2] debut; Ace of Spades (Motörhead) + It's Gonna Be a Long Night (Ween) mash-up
[3] with Can't You Hear Me Knockin' (Rolling Stones) teases
[4] with Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love (Van Halen) tease
[5] debut; Thunder Kiss '65 (White Zombie) + Relax (Frankie Goes to Hollywood) + Have a Cigar (Pink Floyd) mash-up
Notes:
Band costumes: Brendan was Jay ZZ Top, Jake was Johnny Cassius Clay, Joel was Nacho Liberace, Andy was Ludachrist, Kris was Elton John McEnroe, and Ryan was Salvador Dali Parton. Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top) was teased before Loose Ends and La Grange (ZZ Top) was teased before Ace of Long Nights

Support: This Must Be the Band

I think this one takes the cake for me.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:45:47 AM by Jcubson »

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2019, 12:21:45 PM »

Really? I thought the first set of that 2012 Halloween show was pretty great. That AIT jam is a "random jam appreciation" contender, part of it is a repeat of a section from the 2012 Scamp Ringo a few months earlier

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »

If you put it into context, it was just a bit of a let down compared to the previous night. And we’ve all said this before, even a sub par UM show still has 1 or 2 decent moments typically. The only other sub par shows I attended that standout include north coast 2016 (both shows), Tempe 2017, and the already mentioned Terrapin Crossroads show.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2019, 12:59:51 PM »

I went down to that show as I was doing a bunch of shows that tour (Northampton>DC). The highlight was Chevy Chase introducing the band. Not really fair to judge a 45 min festy set but yeah it wasn’t good.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »

If you put it into context, it was just a bit of a let down compared to the previous night. And we’ve all said this before, even a sub par UM show still has 1 or 2 decent moments typically. The only other sub par shows I attended that standout include north coast 2016 (both shows), Tempe 2017, and the already mentioned Terrapin Crossroads show.

That's fair, the previous night was definitely very good. We could make a whole thread of shows that everybody else loved but I personally thought was overrated

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2019, 03:52:41 PM »

Yeah, I thought of that MKE show as well.  AIT > Wappy, Junk and the fantastic Life During Exodus mashup keeps it out of my bottom 5 tho.  The second set was just so pathetic unfortunately.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up