TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Show You've Seen  (Read 2701 times)

flyfishmich

• Gone Fishin'
  • Administrator
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Macho Man>YMCA>In The Navy
Re: Worst Show You've Seen
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2019, 08:56:54 PM »

Royal Oak, MI-March 2009
I value your understanding of who the band has been and their path to now, but God help me, sometimes I just want you to shut up.

slowciableslowdor

• Umphreak
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:05 PM »

10/31/14
8/11/16
3/14/14
6/19/15

Been lucky the past few years. I've seen 19 shows since the start of 2017 and I think pretty highly of all of them. Only stinker was probably Cap last year.

any tune can improv of u make it into a sandwich 😋

opsopcopolis

• Umphreak
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »

06/20/2015 at Jones Beach in Long Island for me. One set show that was delayed about 45 minutes due to rain. Just felt like things could never really get off the ground. Theres a Robot World in there with cig cables in it, but at that point I was pretty tired of hearing that lyrical.

Bland, short, forgettable.

Considering the length of that set it wasn't too bad. Decent little Puppet and Ringo in there.

I actually really enjoyed that set. Thought they packed a good amount of improv into the short set
Fuck you, I'm honestly a very tolerant person.

DULL FILLEtED

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Skip to the jam
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2019, 09:35:28 PM »

Texas Ter 2015 was not that good, culminating with a rain delay Austin show. The 2 HOB shows mentioned in 2010 and 2014 were also not good. 7/1/17 Red Rocks was pretty bad too.

iamkickinit

• Umphreak
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2019, 10:26:50 PM »

Royal Oak, MI-March 2009

Really, Rick? I enjoyed that show.

Pookells

• Umphreak
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2019, 10:44:51 PM »

03.07.2014 Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Bright Lights, Big City, Much Obliged > White Pickle[1], No Diablo, Dump City, The Linear > Miss Tinkle's Overture

Set 2: Plunger > Hajimemashite > Plunger, Ringo, Prowler > 1348, Rock the Casbah > Drums[2], Puppet String

Encore: Pay the Snucka

Yeah, this one really sucked!  I was gonna post this one.
Listen here, I've heard two shows before his time, two with him, and I don't know how to play a single musical instrument. I'm an expert.

AlexTheDictator

• Umphreak
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »

Someone mentioned the Covington show from 2010 but I enjoyed that one except for the security fiasco to get inside.

Covington improv was scarce and super lackluster. Add that to it being one of the most crowded shows Iíve ever been to, you literally couldnít move. Found a sliver of a spot by the soundboard and couldnít even see the stage.

Yeah that venue can face bottleneck issues between the floor tiers.  We were on the lowest tier Jake side.  Had tons of room for our crew.  My buddy also just got a cigarette roller and we mass rolled joints.  Literally had a ziploc bag full of them.  It was pretty great.

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »

Royal Oak, MI-March 2009

Dude have you gone back and listened to the improv from that show?  2x2 and Uncle Wally are fucking incredible and probably one of the best versions of Bright Lights played to open the 2nd.  I wasn't high on it at the time because I was getting burnt out on UM but god damn that Bright Lights alone immediately takes it out of worst show seen territory.

UnCommon#5

• Relax, I'm a professional UMphreak/Kind-est Asshole around this side of the dark Web. ;p LOLolol
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Wappy Sprayberry, Much-O,Ringo
  • Throw it in your deep fryaaa chili chicken=<3onfya
    • don'tfuxwithflo.com/yuppp.Yuuuppp:)
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »

03.07.2014 Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Bright Lights, Big City, Much Obliged > White Pickle[1], No Diablo, Dump City, The Linear > Miss Tinkle's Overture

Set 2: Plunger > Hajimemashite > Plunger, Ringo, Prowler > 1348, Rock the Casbah > Drums[2], Puppet String

Encore: Pay the Snucka

Yeah, this one really sucked!  I was gonna post this one.

The BLBC, MO, Dump and Linear are somewhat redeeming but that 4th quarter of the show is pretty rough.
The satanic voice in ResO is a part of UM$ character. It's not all unicorns + rainbows humor & darkness will always be present.

the "we C" part after those satanic vocals IS the ResOLuTioN

we'reonA#note2pass

[ter'ing]@  Penns Peak -> Pitt(?) > Camp Bisco

&iT Was aLL Bc of TheLittering&..

DULL FILLEtED

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Skip to the jam
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2019, 11:51:47 AM »

Royal Oak, MI-March 2009

Dude have you gone back and listened to the improv from that show?  2x2 and Uncle Wally are fucking incredible and probably one of the best versions of Bright Lights played to open the 2nd.  I wasn't high on it at the time because I was getting burnt out on UM but god damn that Bright Lights alone immediately takes it out of worst show seen territory.

I love this show and the Bright Lights is one of my favorite jams ever

carfunzo

• Umphreak
  • Listen to Podcast #46
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2019, 03:37:11 PM »

03.12.2017 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA, USA
Set 1: October Rain > Higgins, Rosanna > Prowler, Similar Skin > The Triple Wide > Similar Skin, No Diablo[1], The Weight Around[1], 40's Theme

Set 2: In The Kitchen > Utopian Fir > Immigrant Song[2] > Utopian Fir[3] > Making Flippy Floppy, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Conduit > Make It Right

Encore: Divisions

Yeah this one was horribly disappointing.  But I took two first timers and they loved it.

Someone mentioned the Covington show from 2010 but I enjoyed that one except for the security fiasco to get inside.
Definitely the most disappointed I've ever been leaving a show.  On paper it doesn't look that bad, that room really sucked though.  The best part was being side stage standing in line for the pisser.
Place is a fluffing custy newb shit fest.

drbell

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »

This was the only show I've seen that I really had negative feelings about:

07.13.2011 Saranac Brewery, Utica, NY, USA
One Set: Slacker, Cemetery Walk, Forks, Resolution -> 13 Days, Turn & Dub[1] > Miss Tinkle's Overture[2], I Want You (She's So Heavy), The Floor

Encore: East Nashville Easter[3], Partyin' Peeps[4]

I thought this show was just kind of there with nothing that excited me:

08.31.2013 Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, MA, USA
One Set: Plunger > Walletsworth, Crucial Taunt, The Pequod, The Linear > Glory > Deeper, Divisions > Soul Food II > Divisions, No Diablo, White Pickle > Regulate[1], Mulche's Odyssey

People have mentioned a few Boston HoB shows, but I've always enjoyed them more than the above.

Bill Nye

• Umphreak
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2019, 06:13:30 PM »

03.12.2017 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA, USA
Set 1: October Rain > Higgins, Rosanna > Prowler, Similar Skin > The Triple Wide > Similar Skin, No Diablo[1], The Weight Around[1], 40's Theme

Set 2: In The Kitchen > Utopian Fir > Immigrant Song[2] > Utopian Fir[3] > Making Flippy Floppy, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Conduit > Make It Right

Encore: Divisions

Yeah this one was horribly disappointing.  But I took two first timers and they loved it.

Definitely the most disappointed I've ever been leaving a show.  On paper it doesn't look that bad, that room really sucked though.  The best part was being side stage standing in line for the pisser.
Ha I definitely just chilled in that spot the rest of the night after going to the bathroom

cryan024

• Funkaholic
  • Umphreak
  • Caged Wisdom changed my life.
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2019, 06:14:58 PM »

North coast 2010 and the most recent Chicago show from October instantly come to mind. I am sure there are plenty of stinkers I saw from 2014-2016 that could make the list. There has been a lot of underwhelming Summer Camp shows over the last several years. Luckily drugs are a thing.
People of zee wurl, Relax!!

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »

Northcoast 2010 was laughably bad. I remember a lot of this:

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

toomanypomas

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Front Porch, Uncommon
  • Preachin' the Rock n Roll Gospel
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:43 PM »

Alcohol fetal snydrome is a bitch, and man does it make people look uglyAF
you expect us losers to have any actual insight?

StoneJackBaller

• Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:29 PM »

Alcohol fetal snydrome is a bitch, and man does it make people look uglyAF

I think most people born in Jacksonville have FAS

IntentionsUnclear117

• Favorite Track:: Nothing Too Fancy
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2019, 07:38:04 AM »

This was the only show I've seen that I really had negative feelings about:

07.13.2011 Saranac Brewery, Utica, NY, USA
One Set: Slacker, Cemetery Walk, Forks, Resolution -> 13 Days, Turn & Dub[1] > Miss Tinkle's Overture[2], I Want You (She's So Heavy), The Floor

Encore: East Nashville Easter[3], Partyin' Peeps[4]

I thought this show was just kind of there with nothing that excited me:

08.31.2013 Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, MA, USA
One Set: Plunger > Walletsworth, Crucial Taunt, The Pequod, The Linear > Glory > Deeper, Divisions > Soul Food II > Divisions, No Diablo, White Pickle > Regulate[1], Mulche's Odyssey

People have mentioned a few Boston HoB shows, but I've always enjoyed them more than the above.

Ah see, different strokes! I love that Utica show. That 3 jam reso is one of my favorite reso's Ive ever seen personally and the return to Tinkles is top notch.

Kev347

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: October Rain, Educated Guess
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »

Just realized I've commented a lot on this thread but haven't actually said what my least favorite seen is.

People have talked a lot about Raleigh 2015. I agree that wasn't a great show, but I enjoyed the setlist and getting to see a lot of newer stuff for the first time presented in a unique way. I actually think their show at the National 2 nights before on 2/12/15 was even worse. The 1st set in particular was one of the worst sets I've seen with flubs everywhere and no memorable improv to speak of. Song selection is pretty toxic throughout. I also think the Valentine's Day show at the National in 2016 was worse for my personal tastes than Raleigh's in 2015. I've been incredibly lucky overall though that those are my worst shows. If you want consistently great UM, just see every show they play in North Carolina.

I'll add that naturally since we've now discussed that 2/12/15 and 2/14/15 are both pretty subpar, what about 2/13/15 in Norva? That one's an absolute heater, naturally, with one of my favorite Resolutions ever. Any given night with this band...

WOLFpacker16

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Reso, Example 1, Tribute, DBK
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2019, 08:51:20 AM »

^^ I had very high expectations going into the Raleigh vday show because of how good that norva show looked, which is probably why I was so disappointed. 
If you look I'm sure you'd see, nothing's really as it seems...

opsopcopolis

• Umphreak
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »

Just realized I've commented a lot on this thread but haven't actually said what my least favorite seen is.

People have talked a lot about Raleigh 2015. I agree that wasn't a great show, but I enjoyed the setlist and getting to see a lot of newer stuff for the first time presented in a unique way. I actually think their show at the National 2 nights before on 2/12/15 was even worse. The 1st set in particular was one of the worst sets I've seen with flubs everywhere and no memorable improv to speak of. Song selection is pretty toxic throughout. I also think the Valentine's Day show at the National in 2016 was worse for my personal tastes than Raleigh's in 2015. I've been incredibly lucky overall though that those are my worst shows. If you want consistently great UM, just see every show they play in North Carolina.

I'll add that naturally since we've now discussed that 2/12/15 and 2/14/15 are both pretty subpar, what about 2/13/15 in Norva? That one's an absolute heater, naturally, with one of my favorite Resolutions ever. Any given night with this band...

I tend to agree with all of this. Raleigh definitely was not my least favorite show on that run and the Richmond Vday show was pretty awful
Fuck you, I'm honestly a very tolerant person.

Hilikus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Don't Laugh (I love you)
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2019, 09:26:47 AM »

I'm with Kev on the Raleigh VDay show.  I barely saw them in 2014, so I caught a surprising amount of first timers that show.  Probably 5 or 6 with the covers included.  Interesting show for me because of that but very strange dog selection and flow.

I'll look through my list later but I can safely say NYE 2018 and Boone '07 off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:29:59 AM by Hilikus »

kmdeadhead

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > All Things Ninja
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2019, 09:46:58 AM »

01.17.2013 Landmark Theatre, Syracuse, NY, USA
Set 1: Cummins Lies > Miss Tinkle's Overture, Walletsworth, Der Bluten Kat > I'm On Fire > Der Bluten Kat, Through the Cracks, Smell the Mitten, The Floor
Set 2: Prowler > In The Kitchen > Deeper > #5 > In The Kitchen, Let's Dance, Utopian Fir > Cemetery Walk
Encore: Miami Virtue > Glory

Seen so many Upstate NY heaters... this was not one of them...

nextmovement41

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Blue Echo
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2019, 09:49:27 AM »

01.17.2013 Landmark Theatre, Syracuse, NY, USA
Set 1: Cummins Lies > Miss Tinkle's Overture, Walletsworth, Der Bluten Kat > I'm On Fire > Der Bluten Kat, Through the Cracks, Smell the Mitten, The Floor
Set 2: Prowler > In The Kitchen > Deeper > #5 > In The Kitchen, Let's Dance, Utopian Fir > Cemetery Walk
Encore: Miami Virtue > Glory

Seen so many Upstate NY heaters... this was not one of them...

Fir is fire, the repeated stew in DBK is cool as well, but yeah this was a snoozer by and large

PKSConrad

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »

I honestly canít believe that NYE Ď18 was one of the worst shows you have seen.  It was my least favorite of the 4 night run but it was a really fun show.  Good original song selection and covers were great, I never really expect much improv NYE so that doesnít factor in like it does for a normal two set show.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up