TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Show You've Seen  (Read 2706 times)

iamkickinit

• Umphreak
Re: Worst Show You've Seen
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2019, 10:09:43 AM »

Northcoast 2010 was not good.

This was brutal. If not for the droogz, I woulda hated it.

iamkickinit

• Umphreak
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2019, 10:10:24 AM »

Also feel like a lot of those Kzoo shows we're not great. '10, '11 especially come to mind.

Totally agree. Pretty pedestrian.

AlexTheDictator

• Umphreak
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2019, 10:14:18 AM »

03.12.2017 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA, USA
Set 1: October Rain > Higgins, Rosanna > Prowler, Similar Skin > The Triple Wide > Similar Skin, No Diablo[1], The Weight Around[1], 40's Theme

Set 2: In The Kitchen > Utopian Fir > Immigrant Song[2] > Utopian Fir[3] > Making Flippy Floppy, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Conduit > Make It Right

Encore: Divisions

Yeah this one was horribly disappointing.  But I took two first timers and they loved it.

Someone mentioned the Covington show from 2010 but I enjoyed that one except for the security fiasco to get inside.

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • The hallways will always be there
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2019, 10:18:03 AM »

lol idk if the Taft ‘19 mention is just funny or actually impressive. If thats even close to the worst show(s) youve ever seen then youve seen some fire shows
You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously.

Hilikus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Don't Laugh (I love you)
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »

lol idk if the Taft ‘19 mention is just funny or actually impressive. If thats even close to the worst show(s) youve ever seen then youve seen some fire shows
Quantity of improv does not equal quality.  Bunch of aimless dribble and it seemed they couldn't catch their stride in nearly every jam.  It's definitely not a worst show ever but it was a bizarre stream for me too.  Plus so many repeats of the same bullshit new material they've been playing into the ground the last few months. 

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »

I liked the jams for the most part. Phil’s got a little rough but Kitchen Speak Up and Attachments were all good.
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:57 AM »

Ill agree that N2 was certainly weak with Draconian being the only standout. Which i feel like that Draconian is getting slept on and it totally should not. It doesnt go very far but when the snare comes in and they get locked, its fiya.

N1 had Kitchen, Speak Up and Triple Wide as definitely noteworthy and the Attachments is damn near required listening

gatroe

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: WLTP
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2019, 11:19:40 AM »

8/7/14 Burlington was a rough one. Also seem to remember the 2015 PacNW run not being too memorable. There are very few things worse than catching a standard Fir.

But the real answer is probably 10/31/14. 1/21/18 gets an honorable mention as well.
Im not a buy the pack type.. more of the bum a cig type which is arguably worse.
What's your show stream count?

nextmovement41

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Blue Echo
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2019, 11:22:13 AM »

Albany last week, 1/21/18, 9/10/16

Hilikus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Don't Laugh (I love you)
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »

UMFree, I'm talking more specifically about N1 Taft lulz.  I thought N2 was better but not great by any means.

myfarm

• Umphreak
  • Disc Hucker, Fluff Fluffer
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »

Probably mine
OCF > the Gorge > Cuthbert

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »

UMFree, I'm talking more specifically about N1 Taft lulz.  I thought N2 was better but not great by any means.

lol too funny cuz we are just on polar opposites for that run then

IntentionsUnclear117

• Favorite Track:: Nothing Too Fancy
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »

06/20/2015 at Jones Beach in Long Island for me. One set show that was delayed about 45 minutes due to rain. Just felt like things could never really get off the ground. Theres a Robot World in there with cig cables in it, but at that point I was pretty tired of hearing that lyrical.

Bland, short, forgettable.

Random Ass

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »

I've looked through my show list, and it's difficult for me to pick out an obvious worst one (though at least one show I attended has been mentioned in this thread).  From a music standpoint it's hard to think of one that's outstandingly terrible.  The ones I think the worst of are generally shows where there was some other issue, like the late start and no A/C at 9/24/15.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »

I've looked through my show list, and it's difficult for me to pick out an obvious worst one (though at least one show I attended has been mentioned in this thread).  From a music standpoint it's hard to think of one that's outstandingly terrible.  The ones I think the worst of are generally shows where there was some other issue, like the late start and no A/C at 9/24/15.

I forgot about that, that experience was miserable as fuck. One of the most physically uncomfortable shows I've ever been to, it was so hot and sweaty. Also pretty interesting since it started so late but we still got a full show out of it. I ended up walking back to the hotel across a bridge in the pouring rain. Thanks for reminding me of that unique experience, I think about 9/26/15 a lot but the memory of 9/24/15 escaped me

gatroe and I were standing behind Waful and accidentally peeped at the setlist for the 2nd set during setbreak. That set looked really awesome on paper, and was horribly disappointing in execution

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2019, 01:02:49 PM »

06/20/2015 at Jones Beach in Long Island for me. One set show that was delayed about 45 minutes due to rain. Just felt like things could never really get off the ground. Theres a Robot World in there with cig cables in it, but at that point I was pretty tired of hearing that lyrical.

Considering the length of that set it wasn't too bad. Decent little Puppet and Ringo in there.
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

wiscomptonslacker

• Umphreak
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »

Almost forgot about this one. Definitely and extremely deflated

RyanF

• Umphreak
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:14 PM »

03.12.2017 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA, USA
Set 1: October Rain > Higgins, Rosanna > Prowler, Similar Skin > The Triple Wide > Similar Skin, No Diablo[1], The Weight Around[1], 40's Theme

Set 2: In The Kitchen > Utopian Fir > Immigrant Song[2] > Utopian Fir[3] > Making Flippy Floppy, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Conduit > Make It Right

Encore: Divisions

Yeah this one was horribly disappointing.  But I took two first timers and they loved it.

Someone mentioned the Covington show from 2010 but I enjoyed that one except for the security fiasco to get inside.

Covington improv was scarce and super lackluster. Add that to it being one of the most crowded shows I’ve ever been to, you literally couldn’t move. Found a sliver of a spot by the soundboard and couldn’t even see the stage. 

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2019, 03:36:22 PM »

Considering the length of that set it wasn't too bad. Decent little Puppet and Ringo in there.

Agreed. For an opening set in front of a WSP crowd, this wasn’t bad at all. Could have been a lot worse.

PKSConrad

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2019, 04:13:23 PM »

Agreed. For an opening set in front of a WSP crowd, this wasn’t bad at all. Could have been a lot worse.

Agreed.  Some really good partying at my old house before/after as well!

umphate

• Umphreak
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »

lol my first show and my first acid trip

IntentionsUnclear117

• Favorite Track:: Nothing Too Fancy
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »

Theyre okay. Actually the only jam in there that I think had potential was that little 3 min AIT jam. All my other contenders have at least 1 thing that I go back and listen to on a semi-regular basis. This is the only one I truly pass over every time I see it in my list.

NSL

• Umphreak
    • Live recordings
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »

2012-04-13 - Georgia Theatre

Hands down the worst i've seen

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »

10/6/18 is probably the worst I've seen.  Just went through my ATU list and there are some super underwhelming shows in there but I don't think anything is as bad as that one.

DiabetesCOLE

• Umphreak
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2019, 08:41:01 PM »

Kinda forgot about how meh that show was. I had a decent time that weekend though
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up