TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Show You've Seen  (Read 2707 times)

Karl Hungus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Water
  • Praise Iommi
Re: Worst Show You've Seen
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 09:04:04 PM »

Wakarusa 2011. Sound issues>SOYCD set eater.

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2019, 09:12:54 PM »

South Bend 07 was pretty damn boring aside from the Nemo in first set and the Belew guest spots. 

This is probably my pick.

The_k13

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: BURNT FUCKING ENDS
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 09:20:48 PM »

04.22.2016 STUBB'S BBQ, AUSTIN, TX, USA
Set 1: In The Black, Intentions Clear > Partyin' Peeps, Loose Ends > Hurt Bird Bath, Wife Soup, Comma Later > The Floor

Set 2: Educated Guess, Miss Tinkle's Overture, The Linear -> Make It Right, Phil's Farm, Comfortably Numb, The Fussy Dutchman > Rocker Part 2

Encore: Upward > No Diablo

this one was so god damn boring.

wiscomptonslacker

• Umphreak
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2019, 08:02:42 AM »

South Bend 07 was pretty damn boring aside from the Nemo in first set and the Belew guest spots. 

11.06.2014 KALAMAZOO STATE THEATRE, KALAMAZOO, MI, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Eat > The Pequod > Eat, Words, Little Gift, No Diablo, Liberty Echo > Bad Poker, No More Tears, Hajimemashite

Set 2: Forty-Six & 2, The Weight Around, The Triple Wide > Cemetery Walk > Cemetery Walk II, Syncopated Strangers > Dirty Love > Syncopated Strangers > Wizard Burial Ground

Encore: JaJunk

Hmm I wonder who couldíve wrote that setlist

Lol I remember hearing that Stasik was hyping this setlist on Twitter before the show and got really excited.  This is one of the least jammed shows ever....pretty sure the improv clock on the first set is 8 or 9 mins...

That said it was worth it for the 46&2.

Haha - this shows was TRASH. You are correct: Stasik wrote it and was hyping it before the show on Twitter as, "Pretty > Heavy > Pretty," or some shit.

Hearing The Weight Around and then Triple Wide right after was STRANGE. Room was completely silent

umphdedump

• Favorite Track:: Mad Love
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 08:03:49 AM »

Ravinia 2015-

Set 1: October Rain > Bridgeless > Hajimemashite, Out Of Order > Made to Measure -> Who Knows[1] > Made to Measure, Day Nurse > The Linear > In The Black, Rhiannon[2]

Set 2: All In Time, Bad Friday[3], Prowler > Higgins, Much Obliged > Bridgeless, Wife Soup[4], Once In a Lifetime[5]

Encore: No Diablo[4], Lean On Me[6]

[1] incomplete
[2] with Michelle Hallman on vocals
[3] with Watermelon In Easter Hay (Frank Zappa) jam
[4] with Chicago Mass Choir
[5] debut, Talking Heads; with Chicago Mass Choir
[6] debut, Bill Withers; with Chicago Mass Choir and Jen Hartswick on vocals

Sure the choir was cool and the covers were fun. The improv was subpar and very limited.

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 08:26:58 AM »

^ that was a real pedestrian show overall but that Rhiannon was pretty awesome.

rebub.

• Bortaholic
  • Umphreak
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 09:19:21 AM »

9/17/09 Keller Williams and very boring one setter

9/18/09 Jake was extremely off this whole show

WesternSBCmich

• KISB
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Tempest
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »

This is probably my pick.

Home town show for the boys and me, more or less.  We were hopping for something like Pontiac the night before, but, NOPE!  Most tame I HAVE ever seen them play.  Oh well. 
I like to dance I like to ski, I like to dance I like to ski

Mags

• Umphreak
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 10:29:09 AM »

I know this thread has been done before, but I'll comment again.

Out of 107, I can't really say I've seen a "bad" show or had a bad time. Except one that was both. There have been some that I barely remember due to too much partying, but that's different.

http://allthings.umphreys.com/setlists/?date=2010-02-26

02.26.2010 HOUSE OF BLUES, BOSTON, MA, USA
Set 1: The Bottom Half > Higgins > The Bottom Half, 1348, Uncle Wally, In The Kitchen[1], Prowler > Push the Pig[2]

Set 2: Preamble > Mantis > Ocean Billy -> 2nd Self > Ocean Billy, Der Bluten Kat > The Song Remains the Same > Der Bluten Kat, The Triple Wide

Encore: Plunger > Mantis

[1] with Adam Deitch on drums
[2] with Nate Wilson on keys

My girlfriend at the time also slammed her car into a curb getting out of the North Quincy parking lot wrecking her car. Good way to cap off the night, and she wasn't even drunk, just a terrible driver.

Mags

• Umphreak
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 10:32:55 AM »

11.06.2014 KALAMAZOO STATE THEATRE, KALAMAZOO, MI, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Eat > The Pequod > Eat, Words, Little Gift, No Diablo, Liberty Echo > Bad Poker, No More Tears, Hajimemashite

Set 2: Forty-Six & 2, The Weight Around, The Triple Wide > Cemetery Walk > Cemetery Walk II, Syncopated Strangers > Dirty Love > Syncopated Strangers > Wizard Burial Ground

Encore: JaJunk

Wow. That looks terrible.

LandLandNever

• Umphreak
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 11:22:06 AM »

Also in for 10/31/2014. Was so psyched to finally get to UM Halloween show, ended up being a giant pile of improv-less bad mashup shit. I swear that the soundboard blowing early in the 1st set completely fucked them up for the rest of the night...I have no other explanation.

AlexTheDictator

• Umphreak
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 11:37:31 AM »

1/21/18

OK probably a close second to Muncie.

PattyMelt

• Umphreak
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 03:33:09 PM »

Every Pittsburgh show in the last 7 years.

Bill Nye

• Umphreak
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 11:24:18 PM »

03.07.2014 Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Bright Lights, Big City, Much Obliged > White Pickle[1], No Diablo, Dump City, The Linear > Miss Tinkle's Overture

Set 2: Plunger > Hajimemashite > Plunger, Ringo, Prowler > 1348, Rock the Casbah > Drums[2], Puppet String

Encore: Pay the Snucka

03.21.2015 The Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > 1348, No Diablo, The Linear > Phil's Farm, Out Of Order > Utopian Fir[1] > The Triple Wide

Set 2: Der Bluten Kat > Amble On > Der Bluten Kat, Dance Hall Days[2], Bridgeless > Puppet String, August > Bridgeless

Encore: Upward > The Floor

04.25.2015 First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Set 1: Gurgle > Domino Theory, Educated Guess, Intentions Clear > White Man's Moccasins, Wappy Sprayberry[1] > Mail Package[2], Loose Ends, Cemetery Walk II

Set 2: Bad Friday[3] > Believe the Lie, Prowler > Higgins, Nothing Too Fancy[3] > Pay the Snucka, Life During Exodus[4]

Encore: August

03.12.2017 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA, USA
Set 1: October Rain > Higgins, Rosanna > Prowler, Similar Skin > The Triple Wide > Similar Skin, No Diablo[1], The Weight Around[1], 40's Theme

Set 2: In The Kitchen > Utopian Fir > Immigrant Song[2] > Utopian Fir[3] > Making Flippy Floppy, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Conduit > Make It Right

Encore: Divisions

Plus every show at Scamp 2017

BrockSamson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: AiT,Mulche's,Phils,Tribute,ATN
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 08:01:33 AM »

It's quite the toss-up between Knoxville 2013 and then either of the Taft Shows this year. Also Knoxville last year had potentially the worst second set I've ever seen so dealer's choice.

CarpetCrawler

• Compulsive Lai'r
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Inca Roads
  • Go Brewers!!!
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 08:25:34 AM »

3/10/06 chi theater & 3/17/07 south bend

South Bend gets my vote as well. Just such a weird energy & a super flat 1st set. Not allowing beer in the seated concert area on St Patís Day, in South Bend (the home of the Irish), def had a little to do with the overall vibe. We were all expecting a fín blow out after the greatness of the previous 3 nights...

Kinda surprised to see that Chi Theater show as one of your 2 worst. That show has some great stuff. I remember my initial feelings being less than stellar, but I feel like the show has held up much better than I was expecting. The 3X, Jajunk, Sociable & August all being super solid versions, and the run of tunes in the 1st set of Eat through Fussy leading up to that Triple Wide was just super smooth. To each their own, but that was a pretty special night. Nothing top tier, but certainly not bottom of the barrel.

Find your happy place

PKSConrad

• Grown Ass Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Umphreak
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 08:33:24 AM »

My 3 worst have all been posted...

2007-02-25 Boone NC
2007-03-17 South Bend IN
2014-10-31 Boston MA

...my 4th least favorite show is 2017-03-16 Tempe AZ.  Show was pretty damn boring.

Kev347

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: October Rain, Educated Guess
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2019, 08:54:02 AM »

It's quite the toss-up between Knoxville 2013 and then either of the Taft Shows this year. Also Knoxville last year had potentially the worst second set I've ever seen so dealer's choice.

As a lifelong Pearl Jam fan, I was ecstatic to see my first Release but even for me, that was a brief respite in the middle of an otherwise terrible set in Knoxville 2018. They were just way too tired from the long haul from the Florida run by this point. The set had no flow and any improv was pretty rough.

That being said, the first set keeps that show firmly out of the "worst show ever" discussion, as that Kabump improv is very cool and unique and Controversy is a great sitin.

I will agree that Knoxville 2013 and ESPECIALLY the first night of Taft this year are pretty bad shows.

RyanF

• Umphreak
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 09:38:56 AM »

3/10/06 chi theater & 3/17/07 south bend

South Bend gets my vote as well. Just such a weird energy & a super flat 1st set. Not allowing beer in the seated concert area on St Patís Day, in South Bend (the home of the Irish), def had a little to do with the overall vibe. We were all expecting a fín blow out after the greatness of the previous 3 nights...

Kinda surprised to see that Chi Theater show as one of your 2 worst. That show has some great stuff. I remember my initial feelings being less than stellar, but I feel like the show has held up much better than I was expecting. The 3X, Jajunk, Sociable & August all being super solid versions, and the run of tunes in the 1st set of Eat through Fussy leading up to that Triple Wide was just super smooth. To each their own, but that was a pretty special night. Nothing top tier, but certainly not bottom of the barrel.

I prob havenít listened back since 07 or so.  I just remember leaving thinking it was a total bust.  Good chance I pumped myself up too hard going in for any show to live up to my expectations.  Iíll relisten this week.

Also forgot to include 3/6/10 Covington, KY. Weak show in a dogshit venue.

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:10 AM »

As a lifelong Pearl Jam fan, I was ecstatic to see my first Release but even for me, that was a brief respite in the middle of an otherwise terrible set in Knoxville 2018. They were just way too tired from the long haul from the Florida run by this point. The set had no flow and any improv was pretty rough.

That being said, the first set keeps that show firmly out of the "worst show ever" discussion, as that Kabump improv is very cool and unique and Controversy is a great sitin.

I will agree that Knoxville 2013 and ESPECIALLY the first night of Taft this year are pretty bad shows.

Lol Taft N1 is very very far from being worthy of mention in this thread.
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

iamkickinit

• Umphreak
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 10:02:14 AM »

Lol Taft N1 is very very far from being worthy of mention in this thread.

Seriously. Taft N1 is not that bad.

funktastic

• Umphreak
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »

03.07.2014 Crystal Ballroom, Portland, OR, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > Bright Lights, Big City, Much Obliged > White Pickle[1], No Diablo, Dump City, The Linear > Miss Tinkle's Overture

Set 2: Plunger > Hajimemashite > Plunger, Ringo, Prowler > 1348, Rock the Casbah > Drums[2], Puppet String

Encore: Pay the Snucka

03.21.2015 The Moore Theatre, Seattle, WA, USA
Set 1: Le Blitz > 1348, No Diablo, The Linear > Phil's Farm, Out Of Order > Utopian Fir[1] > The Triple Wide

Set 2: Der Bluten Kat > Amble On > Der Bluten Kat, Dance Hall Days[2], Bridgeless > Puppet String, August > Bridgeless

Encore: Upward > The Floor

04.25.2015 First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Set 1: Gurgle > Domino Theory, Educated Guess, Intentions Clear > White Man's Moccasins, Wappy Sprayberry[1] > Mail Package[2], Loose Ends, Cemetery Walk II

Set 2: Bad Friday[3] > Believe the Lie, Prowler > Higgins, Nothing Too Fancy[3] > Pay the Snucka, Life During Exodus[4]

Encore: August

03.12.2017 Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA, USA
Set 1: October Rain > Higgins, Rosanna > Prowler, Similar Skin > The Triple Wide > Similar Skin, No Diablo[1], The Weight Around[1], 40's Theme

Set 2: In The Kitchen > Utopian Fir > Immigrant Song[2] > Utopian Fir[3] > Making Flippy Floppy, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Conduit > Make It Right

Encore: Divisions

Plus every show at Scamp 2017

i was at all of these except the 2014 crystal ballroom show. indeed they are trash, terrapin show is second worst show i've seen after 3.12.16. cant believe i paid what i paid and got that fucking garbage.

toomanypomas

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Front Porch, Uncommon
  • Preachin' the Rock n Roll Gospel
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:06 AM »

Northcoast 2010 was not good.
you expect us losers to have any actual insight?

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 10:06:54 AM »

2 other shows I really didnít like:

8/7/14 Burlington- decent OB and thatís it. Nothing else notable except for maybe the worst UM Jam Iíve heard in Bottom Half. Comedically botched odd time jam if I remember correctly but havenít listened in years.

2/19/15 Portland ME- I canít think of anything to even say about this show. Probably the most standardtown normal 2 set show Iíve seen.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:11:56 AM by cshore »
Nah man youíre reviews are whatís old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

toomanypomas

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Front Porch, Uncommon
  • Preachin' the Rock n Roll Gospel
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2019, 10:09:15 AM »

Also feel like a lot of those Kzoo shows we're not great. '10, '11 especially come to mind. But 2013 is still a top 3 show for me.
you expect us losers to have any actual insight?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up