TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UM HOF Snub List  (Read 1909 times)

The Abstract

• OKlahomeh
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: FDR
  • What it has will surely last but is that Jazz?
Re: UM HOF Snub List
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »

03-14-2013 - The Linear
"Well, opinions are like assholes...everybody has one."-Det. Harry Callahan

JWelsh

• UM Laison & Webmaster, Architect, Urban Designer, Music Fan
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: The Other Side of Things
  • I'm in charge of lemonade.
    • Umphrey's McGee
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 09:14:58 AM »

03-14-2013 - The Linear

!!!

Currently on repeat.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:43:36 AM by JWelsh »

wiscomptonslacker

• Umphreak
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »

Since UM has shown themselves to be privy to slapping their name on absolutely everything imaginable to maximize profits for their organization, you'd think that they could easily roll-out HOF albums for years prior to 2010, create a lot of hype about them, and see tons of sales.  Even better yet, it may expose newer fans to older stuff and create an overall hunger for more creative improv, more often

mja271

• Umphreak
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 11:16:03 AM »

Since UM has shown themselves to be privy to slapping their name on absolutely everything imaginable to maximize profits for their organization, you'd think that they could easily roll-out HOF albums for years prior to 2010, create a lot of hype about them, and see tons of sales.  Even better yet, it may expose newer fans to older stuff and create an overall hunger for more creative improv, more often

But they don't want people to want improv. They want them to think songs like standard Upward are "epic"

funktastic

• Umphreak
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »

But they don't want people to want improv. They want them to think songs like standard Upward are "epic"

sabretooth

• Umphreak
    • All in Time Jig
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »

lmao
He will be flogged.

I heard they give the 5 for 20 deals when UM plays Upward though

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 03:00:54 PM »

9/14/11 Visions>QBert>Stew
9/16/11 Wappy
1/28/17 1348>IC>1348
10/21/17 Speak Up

RailroadEarther

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Hurt. Bird. Bath.
  • PACK ATTACK
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »

lmao

hahaha this ^
I guess these instincts they bring back more

DiabetesCOLE

• Umphreak
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 11:11:31 PM »

lmao
At the last Riverside show this guy behind me kept saying that the No Diablo was the best part of the show, literally right after a 14 minute Glory

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »

lmao
At the last Riverside show this guy behind me kept saying that the No Diablo was the best part of the show, literally right after a 14 minute Glory

I mean, these idiots have always been there, it's just they make up a far larger percentage of the audience then they ever have in the past.  My brother and I were talking about how we had never in 12 and 11 years of seeing UM seen a more chatty crowd during improv segments than at that most recent dumpster fire of a Chicago show. 

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 12:08:29 PM »

lmao

I mean, these idiots have always been there, it's just they make up a far larger percentage of the audience then they ever have in the past.  My brother and I were talking about how we had never in 12 and 11 years of seeing UM seen a more chatty crowd during improv segments than at that most recent dumpster fire of a Chicago show.

New year's in Denver last year was REALLY bad. Only time I've ever told anyone to shut up at a show.....and it happened twice. One time was this girl talking about how she didn't like metal and she wanted more of a dance party.........while there was a dance party literally happening right in front of us
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 12:12:54 PM »

lmao

New year's in Denver last year was REALLY bad. Only time I've ever told anyone to shut up at a show.....and it happened twice. One time was this girl talking about how she didn't like metal and she wanted more of a dance party.........while there was a dance party literally happening right in front of us

My Denver NYE experience certainly didn't seem any worse than average, but I'm also not discrediting you. Sometimes you just get lucky/unlucky with your crowd location.

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 12:25:08 PM »

lmao

My Denver NYE experience certainly didn't seem any worse than average, but I'm also not discrediting you. Sometimes you just get lucky/unlucky with your crowd location.

Yeah, it was a shitty spot both times. Near the back of the floor/bar. Once we went upstairs life was good
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

bubba#5

• Favorite Track:: Mantis & All In Time
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 02:18:19 AM »

9/14/11 Visions>QBert>Stew
9/16/11 Wappy
1/28/17 1348>IC>1348
10/21/17 Speak Up

Shit you weren't kidding about Speak Up :dj:

ALWAYS-UMthing

• Favorite Track:: 40s, 2x2, 1348, #5
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

4/27/17 mantis. Had 2 things going against it- was broken up and the monster FF from set one that made the HOF album
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up