TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Jan 25 & 26 @ The Riverside  (Read 6718 times)

CarpetCrawler

• Compulsive Lai'r
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Inca Roads
  • Go Brewers!!!
Re: Jan 25 & 26 @ The Riverside
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2019, 11:30:09 AM »

Early door times, for sure. Assuming this means that UM will now go on around 8:15-8:30? Somewhere in there?

I was told 830 each night, but I’d be there by 800/815 to be safe...or get there for MKB and have no worries.

Find your happy place

DiabetesCOLE

• Umphreak
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2019, 12:31:14 PM »

Early door times, for sure. Assuming this means that UM will now go on around 8:15-8:30? Somewhere in there?

Called Riverside, 830

wiscomptonslacker

• Umphreak
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2019, 01:04:43 PM »

Thanks guys. Will be there well before projected start time. Was more or less JW

The Abstract

• OKlahomeh
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: FDR
  • What it has will surely last but is that Jazz?
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »

Looking at the forecast for this weekend’s shows & would love if they busted out “Coming in From the Cold”.
"Well, opinions are like assholes...everybody has one."-Det. Harry Callahan

perry

• Umphreak
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »

HUGE cold snap coming to the area next week, highs in the teens and lows in the single digits for the days of the shows.  Sucks.
Welcome to Wisconsin in the winter? We’ve been lucky all winter with no snow on the ground and temps in the 30-40s still.

No I hear ya, I live in Wisconsin. Just posting about the weather in general. We have had an extremely mild winter thus far.

Yep, but once you start getting single digits and over night lows going below zero, thats coldAF.  You dont want to have to be outside any longer than you absolutely have to be when trying to get to/from the show. 
Riverside always seems pretty efficient getting in, but with sold out shows you'd think they'll try to speed it up letting people in so that line doesnt back up too long.
But hopefully that fate night after party isn't a shit show getting in and having to stand outside for too long. Never been to this place, but small clubs with sold out, will call after shows always seem to be kind of of a mess getting inside, in general.

timewilltell

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: #5 Blecho the haunt, dump city
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »

HUGE cold snap coming to the area next week, highs in the teens and lows in the single digits for the days of the shows.  Sucks.
Welcome to Wisconsin in the winter? We’ve been lucky all winter with no snow on the ground and temps in the 30-40s still.

No I hear ya, I live in Wisconsin. Just posting about the weather in general. We have had an extremely mild winter thus far.

Yep, but once you start getting single digits and over night lows going below zero, thats coldAF.  You dont want to have to be outside any longer than you absolutely have to be when trying to get to/from the show. 
Riverside always seems pretty efficient getting in, but with sold out shows you'd think they'll try to speed it up letting people in so that line doesnt back up too long.
But hopefully that fate night after party isn't a shit show getting in and having to stand outside for too long. Never been to this place, but small clubs with sold out, will call after shows always seem to be kind of of a mess getting inside, in general.
Place is a shit show usually. It’s very small.
Quote from: slowciablehodor on March 07, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Who doesn't love to pee on women?

getoutofthevan

• Favorite Track:: higgins
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2019, 04:40:01 PM »

Aparently some sort of late night with Baylis on Saturday at the cactus club.

Fate Nite with Bayliss which is described at 'Jam roulette for musicians'

https://www.cactusclubmilwaukee.com/events/fate-nite-friends-featuring-brendan-bayliss/

Fate Nite has a laptop randomly generate song charts, that are displayed via projector, and the band plays as they come up.
Looks cool, might try attending this. Definitely going to steez at fire on water Friday night late night.

How is this venue? Listened to Steez a bit and they sound great, and a better late night show than the Bayliss thing.

timewilltell

• Umphreak
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2019, 07:20:01 PM »

Aparently some sort of late night with Baylis on Saturday at the cactus club.

Fate Nite with Bayliss which is described at 'Jam roulette for musicians'

https://www.cactusclubmilwaukee.com/events/fate-nite-friends-featuring-brendan-bayliss/

Fate Nite has a laptop randomly generate song charts, that are displayed via projector, and the band plays as they come up.
Looks cool, might try attending this. Definitely going to steez at fire on water Friday night late night.

How is this venue? Listened to Steez a bit and they sound great, and a better late night show than the Bayliss thing.
Venue is great, right around the block, has 2 floors so you don’t have to be down by the cramped bar after you grab a drink. I go to fire all the time for shows/ late nights. It’s usually a free for all since they have zero security and only 2-3 bartenders working.

emop

• Favorite Track:: AIT
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2019, 04:08:27 PM »

Looking at -11° (maybe -30°s with wind chills) friday night.

Cold as balls

UMFree

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • is it time to play sheep yet?
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »

Cold as balls

Winter TER

timewilltell

• Umphreak
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »

Cold as balls
Didn’t know the show was played outside?

RailroadEarther

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Hurt. Bird. Bath.
  • PACK ATTACK
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2019, 06:59:48 AM »

If anyone has extras I’m still ISO a ticket to both nights. Thanks!
I guess these instincts they bring back more

CarpetCrawler

• Compulsive Lai'r
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Inca Roads
  • Go Brewers!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2019, 08:20:34 AM »

Just FYI, Eric, tonight’s show has not sold very well, so will def be no issue getting a ticket when you walk up. May even find a slightly cheaper one that somebody is trying to get rid of quick due to the cold. Tomorrow has sold better, but you should still be able to get a Sat ticket when u get there tonight. Sounded like sales started off better, but then tapered off & never really had the big secondary push. Likely due to the weather & some people backing out.

Find your happy place

RailroadEarther

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Hurt. Bird. Bath.
  • PACK ATTACK
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »

Just FYI, Eric, tonight’s show has not sold very well, so will def be no issue getting a ticket when you walk up. May even find a slightly cheaper one that somebody is trying to get rid of quick due to the cold. Tomorrow has sold better, but you should still be able to get a Sat ticket when u get there tonight. Sounded like sales started off better, but then tapered off & never really had the big secondary push. Likely due to the weather & some people backing out.

Thanks for the update Josh, I appreciate that. I’m sure I’ll run into you guys this weekend! This run kind of snuck up on me with other stuff going on, but all of a sudden I’m super excited. Get to see Marcus King and Umphrey’s the next couple nights!  :wook:
I guess these instincts they bring back more

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2019, 08:52:16 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if they lost a few people to TTB at the chicago theatre for the second leg of their residency this weekend. This cold front has really got to hurt the potential walk up sales, really unfortunate timing. I hope team UM does well enough this weekend to continue making this a regular gig.

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

E-Bert

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: The Haunt, Wappy
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if they lost a few people to TTB at the chicago theatre for the second leg of their residency this weekend. This cold front has really got to hurt the potential walk up sales, really unfortunate timing. I hope team UM does well enough this weekend to continue making this a regular gig.

You coming up for any of these, Jackson?

I just mentioned in the other MKE thread that it's cold AF here today.  Have to think that will impact ticket sales.  Hopefully UM delivers the heat.

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »

I just mentioned in the other MKE thread that it's cold AF here today.  Have to think that will impact ticket sales.  Hopefully UM delivers the heat.
Really wanted to, but Ill be in MKE in march or april for my brothers bachelor party so that took priority this year. Hopefully they play a couple of heaters. Apparently Marcus King is really good too, so that should make for a couple of fun nights for anyone who toughs it out in this bitter weather.

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

Bill Nye

• Umphreak
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2019, 11:20:11 AM »

Cold as balls
How dare these heathens comment on the weather outside of a show played indoors

cryan024

• Funkaholic
  • Umphreak
  • Caged Wisdom changed my life.
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2019, 11:26:43 AM »

Cold as balls
How dare these heathens comment on the weather outside of a show played indoors

Yea, the wind chills are legit getting in frostbite territory. I spent 10 minutes outside earlier walking to get coffee, and my lips cracked and started bleeding. This weather is no joke. Hopefully the band brings the heat. Ready to party.
People of zee wurl, Relax!!

E-Bert

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: The Haunt, Wappy
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2019, 12:46:49 PM »

Really wanted to, but Ill be in MKE in march or april for my brothers bachelor party so that took priority this year. Hopefully they play a couple of heaters. Apparently Marcus King is really good too, so that should make for a couple of fun nights for anyone who toughs it out in this bitter weather.

Word man.  Would have been great to catch up.  Hope all is well!

Ready to fucking rage...this week has been a complete shit storm. 

nothing2fancy

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2019, 12:56:48 PM »

Its a bummer to hear about ticket sales being low, the weather probably didn't help but the shows have been on sale for a few months.  I'll be there both nights though and have a feeling the band will reward the fans that traveled in such brutal cold.  Burning Down the House... calling it now.

RAWKtopus

• Favorite Track:: Dark Brush
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2019, 01:28:06 PM »

Do we know what time the boys will be going on?

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2019, 01:32:22 PM »

8:30
Simple fact it still remains

yayhigh242

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anchor Drops
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »

Do we know what time the boys will be going on?

God you suck
I like Business As Usual

DontBullyMeDaniel

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »

My wife and I are here from CO, hoping for some awesome shows!!! Neil Young last night was pretty incredible too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up