TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New Tour Schedule  (Read 5079 times)

umphdedump

• Favorite Track:: Mad Love
Re: New Tour Schedule
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2018, 10:49:03 AM »

All of Boston's mid-tier venues are garbage. That being said, they're not gonna downsize. They'll keep playing HOB and Pav and we'll all keep bitching about it

boston is the east coast chicago

Very true. Which is why I was baffled that they decided to skip Huntington Pavillion for the Aragon. Until I noticed it was all about the promoters. (ex. FWB and The Big Weekend).

iski100

• Umphreak
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2018, 11:31:17 AM »

Lol what makes you guys think they're going to downgrade venues in Boston...?

It's not a downgrade when they play extra nights.

jolson523

• Umphreak
  • Unicorns are old, but we'll still ride a horse.
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »

525 x 3 < 2500

funktastic

• Umphreak
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »

525 x 3 < 2500

is this your opinion on show experience or are you just echoing that the band would rather do 2500 over 3x525

jolson523

• Umphreak
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2018, 03:36:36 PM »

525 x 3 < 2500

is this your opinion on show experience or are you just echoing that the band would rather do 2500 over 3x525
I guess I took iski's comment as it's not a downgrade for the band, and considering most of their tour decisions are financially based, I'm just pointing out that it doesn't make much sense for them to do 3 nights at a small club over one night at a big one and sell more tickets.

funktastic

• Umphreak
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2018, 03:39:03 PM »

525 x 3 < 2500

I guess I took iski's comment as it's not a downgrade for the band, and considering most of their tour decisions are financially based, I'm just pointing out that it doesn't make much sense for them to do 3 nights at a small club over one night at a big one and sell more tickets.

yeah, figured that's what you meant and i totally agree. i was gonna be like plz explain if that's what you preferred.

jolson523

• Umphreak
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2018, 03:41:46 PM »

I mean, there are pros and cons to small and big clubs. I had fun at the Canopy Club but also went to a show there that was so crowded I thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion. A single night at the Auditorium would probably blow the socks off most small club shows.

My point was purely financial.

funktastic

• Umphreak
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »

I mean, there are pros and cons to small and big clubs. I had fun at the Canopy Club but also went to a show there that was so crowded I thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion. A single night at the Auditorium would probably blow the socks off most small club shows.

that's a bad example because if you don't almost die of heat exhaustion at canopy club were you really ever there?

agreed on all tho, when you put it like that.

RyanF

• Umphreak
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »

that's a bad example because if you don't almost die of heat exhaustion at canopy club were you really ever there?

agreed on all tho, when you put it like that.

I’ve only seen one show there and for sure almost died from the heat. 2nd in heat only to omega moos at the double door, that shit was borderline dangerous.

thefuzzceetouchman

• Umphreak
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2018, 05:10:22 PM »

Lol what makes you guys think they're going to downgrade venues in Boston...?

Beats me, ask KB.

Winnertakesall

• Umphreak
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2018, 06:33:53 PM »

The NE needs more shows

jolson523

• Umphreak
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »

StoneJackBaller

• Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »

I thought the NE was "objectively the best place to live for live music"  ;)

AlexTheDictator

• Umphreak
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2018, 10:04:32 PM »

I think the west coast is the best if you don't value jam bands as the most important live music in your life.  Jam bands not Spafford or Phish hate it out here.

I'll never forget the '09 Canopy Club run.  The A/C was broken N1 and my friend passed out.  The next night we showed up hella early with like two gallons of water and scored the theater seats in the back.

Winnertakesall

• Umphreak
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2018, 10:40:58 PM »

I thought the NE was "objectively the best place to live for live music"  ;)

It is. Which is why the band should stop wasting its time playing anywhere else. Look at the biscuits touring schedule for example.

iski100

• Umphreak
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »

525 x 3 < 2500

Jolston where are you getting these capacity figures from? The Royale holds 1,000.  So doing the math 3,000 > 2,500.

aregan3343

• life goes fast, it's hard to make the good things last
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: whatever is playing
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2018, 07:38:40 PM »

All of Boston's mid-tier venues are garbage. That being said, they're not gonna downsize. They'll keep playing HOB and Pav and we'll all keep bitching about it

remember when they played the melody tent in hyannis. that was strangely fun lol
Lexi

Mags

• Umphreak
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2018, 08:53:40 PM »

remember when they played the melody tent in hyannis. that was strangely fun lol

And they cancelled the SS Music circus the night before and let everyone that had tickets to that go to Melody Tent for free? I member. I had tix to both shows, and was the only UM show that was ever cancelled on me.

jolson523

• Umphreak
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »

525 x 3 < 2500

Jolston where are you getting these capacity figures from? The Royale holds 1,000.  So doing the math 3,000 > 2,500.
I was going off of the Sinclair, but if you're trying to dive into this, expenses of 3 nights vs 1 probably eclipse the difference of that 500 ticket profit.

When's the last time UM did a 3 night run at a 1,000 capacity venue? You're serious about this?

Miss Angela

• Umphreak
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2018, 07:21:24 AM »

525 x 3 < 2500

I have an idea. 2 nights at hob. Equals potentially 5k tickets sold
3 nights equals 6-8k tickets sold  vs Sinclair under 2k Tickets sold

Hob is a decent venue. Bathrooms are clean bar lines are not too long, get there early for a good spot and will have nothing to complain about.
Destination Boston!!   :dj: :party:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:25:27 AM by Miss Angela »

FULL DELAyED

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Half Delayed
  • Serpent deflector
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2018, 08:22:24 AM »

Agreed Miss Angela. UM has never sold out the Boston HOB to my knowledge but might sell it out one of the nights of a 2 night stand a la the Philly Fillmore or Riverside. 2 night stands bring more people in from further away and generate more buzz
"You come at FD you best not miss” – Joe Rogan

i bet youre short. like, 5'3.

timewilltell

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: #5 Blecho the haunt, dump city
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »

Agreed Miss Angela. UM has never sold out the Boston HOB to my knowledge but might sell it out one of the nights of a 2 night stand a la the Philly Fillmore or Riverside. 2 night stands bring more people in from further away and generate more buzz
Bring back the riverside runs.
Quote from: slowciablehodor on March 07, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Who doesn't love to pee on women?

Knucklehead

• Favorite Track:: Uncle Wally
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2018, 11:56:46 AM »

- Private access in an intimate 525 person venue which is all nuts to butts and no sight lines and awful sound wow, someone has been to the State Theater in Kzoo
- Exclusive umlive download exclusive download codes for hidden stand-up comedy nopener
- Free umbrella Signed by Brian Stasik (no relation)

Miss Angela

• Umphreak
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »

Does it have to be completely sold out to be successful??
 Not sure how that works

pound4abrown

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Mantis/Ninja/Draconian
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2018, 08:15:54 AM »

I wonder what he means by the “east coast being happy in early-2019” - they always play here in the winter...

Anticipating NYC and Philly shows in January. Maybe 2 in DC(one at 9:30 and one at Anthem). Portland is due..maybe a VT show to coincide with some phresh pow?

The nonstop talk of 4 @ the Sinclair coming into fruition would be tight.

You stop now

I would kill for a four night run in Boston.

:3:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up