TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Outstanding Versions Of Songs Project 3.0  (Read 9030 times)

UMFree

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • is it time to play sheep yet?
Re: Outstanding Versions Of Songs Project 3.0
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »

The nugs playlists are in the op of the last thread http://www.thebort.com/index.php/topic,11890.0.html

Yeah, I just can never get those links to work. They just take me straight to the nugs home page

edit: oooo they work on mobile though
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:45:33 AM by UMFree »
89 shows in 17 years is less than ten a year. that's some serious noob shit. get bent

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2019, 06:22:10 PM »

1/31/19 Robot World and Slacker

2/1/19 Maybe Someday

Edit:  the 1/31/19 Virtue and Draconian might be deserving too (need another re-listen or two).

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sludge & Death
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:18 PM »

Still wish there was a 3-6 month rule to this list.  I listen to some of these new jams that get added days/weeks after and most of the time think, man if we're adding that we might as well add literally every version with improv played..  At least for songs in the rotation 2+ years..

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2019, 07:29:05 PM »

1/31/19 Robot World and Slacker

2/1/19 Maybe Someday

Edit:  the 1/31/19 Virtue and Draconian might be deserving too (need another re-listen or two).

IMO, yes on RW and Maybe Someday.  No on the rest.  The rest of those are just good to really good jams.  The Draconian in particular is like the 14th best version of the past 2 years...

Mal

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Speak up, speak up!
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2019, 03:27:43 PM »

I dunno I think that Slacker definitely belongs on the list. Would add 2/2 IDM too.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »

I dunno I think that Slacker definitely belongs on the list. Would add 2/2 IDM too.

It Doesn’t Matter from last night is an absolute slam dunk.

HuffJenkum

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: August, Wife Soup, M2M
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »

06/30/18 Andy’s should definitely be on this list, & not just because it was my request.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2019, 11:35:14 PM »

2/16/19 Mantis

nextmovement41

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Blue Echo
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2019, 01:09:29 AM »

1/26/18 Yoga Pants

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anything w/ Sad Bayliss
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »

I added a bunch of things from Brooklyn. Plunger, Mantis, 1348, Bad Friday, Little Gift.

I am tempted to add Blue Echo and Ringo as well because both are fantastic but will probably leave them off due to the competition. Attachments I am on the fence about. I think the groove in this one is super infectious but it doesn't reach the length of the first few jamtachments. Still, there aren't a million versions of Attachments on here already.
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2019, 12:26:47 PM »

I added a bunch of things from Brooklyn. Plunger, Mantis, 1348, Bad Friday, Little Gift.

I am tempted to add Blue Echo and Ringo as well because both are fantastic but will probably leave them off due to the competition. Attachments I am on the fence about. I think the groove in this one is super infectious but it doesn't reach the length of the first few jamtachments. Still, there aren't a million versions of Attachments on here already.

I would say the Attachments qualifies for sure. As you mentioned Blecho and Ringo have a ton of competition over the years but I don’t think giving them the nod is a bad thing. The Brooklyn CW2 is also really good and could be on the fence for “the list.”

Also think the 1/31/19 Slacker and 2/2/19 Great American deserve consideration. The GA isn’t all that long (10-11 minute version, tracking on UMlive is a little whacky as GA starts at the end of Nemo) but the way they lock into that jam and develop a soaring peak is pretty damn outstanding to these ears.

UMFree

• Umphreak
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2019, 01:16:16 PM »

Still campaigning for 2.25.06 Front Porch! Outstanding version in every way, IMO
89 shows in 17 years is less than ten a year. that's some serious noob shit. get bent

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »

Still campaigning for 2.25.06 Front Porch! Outstanding version in every way, IMO

I put it on the list already you w00k
Nah man you’re reviews are what’s old, literally anything you say is the exact opposite of how the majority of the crowd feels. Get a lilfe you salty depressed loser.

UMFree

• Umphreak
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2019, 01:36:37 PM »

I put it on the list already you w00k

lol righteous

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2019, 09:03:32 AM »

I would say the Attachments qualifies for sure. As you mentioned Blecho and Ringo have a ton of competition over the years but I don’t think giving them the nod is a bad thing. The Brooklyn CW2 is also really good and could be on the fence for “the list.”

Also think the 1/31/19 Slacker and 2/2/19 Great American deserve consideration. The GA isn’t all that long (10-11 minute version, tracking on UMlive is a little whacky as GA starts at the end of Nemo) but the way they lock into that jam and develop a soaring peak is pretty damn outstanding to these ears.

+1 for Blecho.

Lol at putting the Ringo and Attachments on here tho.  That Attachments may be better than 90% of the versions of that song, but it's easily the weakest of the jammed versions.

That Great American is pretty borderline too.  It would probably be the weakest one on the list, but I do love the jam

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »

Also should be added (IMO):

1.25.19 HBB, Hindsight
1.26.19 1348, Fir

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »

Also should be added (IMO):

1.25.19 HBB, Hindsight
1.26.19 1348, Fir

Oh yeah, I will add all of these except for the Fir, which IMO doesn't make the cut. I thought I already added the 1348.

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2019, 09:14:28 AM »

+1 for Blecho.

Lol at putting the Ringo and Attachments on here tho.  That Attachments may be better than 90% of the versions of that song, but it's easily the weakest of the jammed versions.

That Great American is pretty borderline too.  It would probably be the weakest one on the list, but I do love the jam

I'm not putting either of those up, but they're both pretty sick either way.

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2019, 09:30:04 AM »

A 10 minute CW2?  Really?  4/18/09 and 7/4/09 >>>>>>>> this CW2, both are longer and they're not on the list.  This recency bias has turned this list into a joke.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »

A 10 minute CW2?  Really?  4/18/09 and 7/4/09 >>>>>>>> this CW2, both are longer and they're not on the list.  This recency bias has turned this list into a joke.

Song length doesn’t always equate to quality. I also said it was “on the fence.”  Calm down guy.

cshore

• Umphreak
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »

Song length doesn’t always equate to quality. I also said it was “on the fence.”  Calm down guy.

I'm not adding it (great little jam though), but if anything there's the opposite of a recency bias on this site.

Night Owl

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: WMIB
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »

5/31/08 Water deserves to be on the list

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2019, 01:45:39 PM »

5/31/08 Water deserves to be on the list

Absolutely!

I listened to that show yesterday. So fucking good
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »

2/23/19 Immigrant Song. One of the rare occasions where a sit-in makes things better.

smellthemitten20

• Umphreak
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2019, 07:09:52 PM »

2-19-04 Walking On The Moon absolutely belongs on this list.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up