TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: The Big Weekend: Chicago 10/4-6  (Read 17391 times)

Mittens

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Sound One
Re: The Big Weekend: Chicago 10/4-6
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2018, 06:59:25 AM »

Wrapped around Chicago......

LOL!!!!!

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • The hallways will always be there
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2018, 07:05:07 AM »

You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously.

yayhigh242

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Anchor Drops
« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »

Lol these fucking people. Grow the fuck up. "I can't be bothered to sit through an opener or get in line before doors". You sound like assholes. People have been doing this shit for decades. What you think you're special? Stay the fuck home

Yeah, how dare somebody expect it to be reasonable that they can show up to the venue 15 minutes before the first set starts and not have to miss half the show. Those people sound like real assholes. If you want to see live music in this day and age then you have to commit to spending half the night waiting in line to get in

As for your suggestion to "stay the fuck home," that actually seems to be the advice that a lot of folks are following (myself included). I'm getting too old and important to want to spend 2 hours on a weekend night having the experience of entering a show in slow motion

LMFAO @ old and important. It has never taken 2 hours for me to get into a venue ever. It's hilarious this happened to you guys. Try to be better at life.

And @AlextheDicktater- no kidding I'm the only one on this side. UM Fanboys are the whiniest of the bunch. Stay home crybabies

Hey you sound like a total fucking loser
I like Business As Usual

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2018, 02:50:01 PM »

#boycottthearagon

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Bridgeless
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2018, 04:06:19 PM »

Lol these fucking people. Grow the fuck up. "I can't be bothered to sit through an opener or get in line before doors". You sound like assholes. People have been doing this shit for decades. What you think you're special? Stay the fuck home

Yeah, how dare somebody expect it to be reasonable that they can show up to the venue 15 minutes before the first set starts and not have to miss half the show. Those people sound like real assholes. If you want to see live music in this day and age then you have to commit to spending half the night waiting in line to get in

As for your suggestion to "stay the fuck home," that actually seems to be the advice that a lot of folks are following (myself included). I'm getting too old and important to want to spend 2 hours on a weekend night having the experience of entering a show in slow motion

LMFAO @ old and important. It has never taken 2 hours for me to get into a venue ever. It's hilarious this happened to you guys. Try to be better at life.

And @AlextheDicktater- no kidding I'm the only one on this side. UM Fanboys are the whiniest of the bunch. Stay home crybabies

Hey you sound like a total fucking loser

I'm a loser because im choosing not to pile on one of my favorite bands with negative commentary that's been said countless times? There comes a time you accept the fact they're going to play the Aragon (like many many good bands have and still do) and you either put your big girl pants on or shut the fuck up. I'm usually not this agressive but this thread is 8 pages of bullshit. See you at the Aragon

jolson523

• Umphreak
  • Unicorns are old, but we'll still ride a horse.
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2018, 04:15:31 PM »

Lol what does that even mean? You think fans determine the wait time?

myfarm

• Umphreak
  • Disc Hucker, Fluff Fluffer
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »

The Aragon is a shitty venue. I don't fault the band for continuing to play there but people have a right to bitch about it too, especially after 2016. I was lucky enough to have gotten in early but that video is fucked. It's not like the venue didnt know we were coming. To defend the venue or blame fans for not anticipating that situation is absurd, WaC.

Was anyone at Sandppint 2016? Got to the venue 45 before showtime and missed the first 3 songs. That place wasnt even very big.

Anyone at Omega Moos 2010 at the metro??
OCF > the Gorge > Cuthbert

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »

The Aragon is a shitty venue. I don't fault the band for continuing to play there but people have a right to bitch about it too, especially after 2016. I was lucky enough to have gotten in early but that video is fucked. It's not like the venue didnt know we were coming. To defend the venue or blame fans for not anticipating that situation is absurd, WaC.

Was anyone at Sandppint 2016? Got to the venue 45 before showtime and missed the first 3 songs. That place wasnt even very big.

Anyone at Omega Moos 2010 at the metro??

Fair enough, but it's the same people with the same complaints. I just don't understand. I've never had those issues. At a certain point it's on the fan to get in early and know that a specific venue might have alot of traffic in/out, lots of security or a long line. I'm not going to blame i90 for being backed up on a Friday night. That's how it is. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. So many people have dealt with it with no complaining. I guess this is the place people come to bitch (although in fairness the bort has been that way for years).

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »

I just feel like if it's a requirement to get there before doors (nearly 2 hours before showtime) then it's not a good venue choice. All I'm saying. Sorry I'm not a hardcore enough fan to purposefully subject myself to that when I have the free will to prioritize other shows. And it's just not the lines to get in, it's the beer lines, the cluster fuck of it being ballroom style (no aisles or levels or places to sit), the shitty sound, the complete lack of tolerance towards partying. You can interpret it as bitching, but I'm just stating facts about my experience there.

IMO your posts are the whinest and heaviest in complaint content in the whole thread. So many people have dealt with reading this thread without no complaining. I guess this is indeed the place people come to bitch though.

FULL DELAyED

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Half Delayed
  • Serpent deflector
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »

I remember Wrapped Around Chicago yelled at me for mentioning I was late to a Brooklyn Bowl show...thanks for keeping all of our punctuality in check Wrapped Around Chicago
Be cool to people.  Be nice to as many people as you can.  Smile to as many people as you can, and have them smile back at you. Joe Rogan

i bet youre short. like, 5'3.

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2018, 05:15:08 PM »

I just feel like if it's a requirement to get there before doors (nearly 2 hours before showtime) then it's not a good venue choice. All I'm saying. Sorry I'm not a hardcore enough fan to purposefully subject myself to that when I have the free will to prioritize other shows. And it's just not the lines to get in, it's the beer lines, the cluster fuck of it being ballroom style (no aisles or levels or places to sit), the shitty sound, the complete lack of tolerance towards partying. You can interpret it as bitching, but I'm just stating facts about my experience there.

IMO your posts are the whinest and heaviest in complaint content in the whole thread. So many people have dealt with reading this thread without no complaining. I guess this is indeed the place people come to bitch though.

You're not exactly breaking new ground with those non-complaining complaints. Funny you think I'm whining when that's exactly what I'm calling you all out for. By all means prioritize a different show. I don't really need to know or care to hear about it.  I've gone into countless UM shows when doors open/gotten into line well before doors. Being "subjected" to an opening band is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Still trying to figure out why UM fans think they're so special

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2018, 05:16:16 PM »

I remember Wrapped Around Chicago yelled at me for mentioning I was late to a Brooklyn Bowl show...thanks for keeping all of our punctuality in check Wrapped Around Chicago

You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously. Unfortunately lots of assholes out there that dont

mja271

• Umphreak
« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »

Idk anything about the Aragon but I've never been to a venue before doors and usually don't go in anywhere near when doors open and have rarely, if ever, missed any part of a show. If you know the venue is gonna be slow and shitty yea you should probably plan around that fact, but that doesn't mean you should just accept bad venue management or they shouldn't be held to a higher standard. Plenty of places are able to move through lines efficiently to get people into the show without an issue.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2018, 05:19:19 PM »

You're not exactly breaking new ground with those non-complaining complaints. Funny you think I'm whining when that's exactly what I'm calling you all out for. By all means prioritize a different show. I don't really need to know or care to hear about it.  I've gone into countless UM shows when doors open/gotten into line well before doors. Being "subjected" to an opening band is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Still trying to figure out why UM fans think they're so special

It is pretty funny.

Still trying to figure out why you think you're so special because you're willing to wait in line.

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2018, 05:27:12 PM »

It is pretty funny.

Still trying to figure out why you think you're so special because you're willing to wait in line.

And here we are at another stalemate because you haven't given me a reason why you're so special that you shouldn't have to wait in line.

I think this has gone on long enough. It would be nice to get this thread back on track. I for one am very excited for the first Chicago fall show since, what, 2011? If you are complaining and still planning to go then im not sure what you hope to achieve with the continued griping. If you're boycotting then you really have nothing more to say. And thats where I'll leave it

FULL DELAyED

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Half Delayed
  • Serpent deflector
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2018, 05:28:39 PM »

You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously. Unfortunately lots of assholes out there that dont

You take my concerts seriously too evidently
Be cool to people.  Be nice to as many people as you can.  Smile to as many people as you can, and have them smile back at you. Joe Rogan

i bet youre short. like, 5'3.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »

I'm happy to get this thread back on track. Anyway, like we were discussing before, is anybody else not going because the Aragon blows?

UncleDutchman

• I'll think of something better later
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Ringo HBB August 40s Blue Echo
  • Don't take me too seriously, it's the internet
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2018, 06:00:01 PM »

I'm going specifically to do the opposite of every single thing WaC told us to do

OBEY MY FUCKING SHEEP

RailroadEarther

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Hurt. Bird. Bath.
  • PACK ATTACK
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2018, 06:03:53 PM »

I'm going specifically to do the opposite of every single thing WaC told us to do

Dude sounds like a huge douche. Calling us assholes. Sweet bro.
I guess these instincts they bring back more

RailroadEarther

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Hurt. Bird. Bath.
  • PACK ATTACK
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2018, 06:04:20 PM »

I'm happy to get this thread back on track. Anyway, like we were discussing before, is anybody else not going because the Aragon blows?

Yes.
I guess these instincts they bring back more

AlexTheDictator

• Umphreak
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »

Look at this nerd bragging about his punctuality.

DiabetesCOLE

• Umphreak
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

"I'm the best! Fuck everyone else"

myfarm

• Umphreak
  • Disc Hucker, Fluff Fluffer
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2018, 10:04:51 PM »

Me, i guess....

I live in Oregon and Chicago UM shows are always a good time to visit my family. A single show at the Aragon/this here 'event' aren't really that enticing

If i lived close by, I'd go regardless of the venue
OCF > the Gorge > Cuthbert

timewilltell

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: #5 Blecho the haunt, dump city
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »

It is pretty funny.

And here we are at another stalemate because you haven't given me a reason why you're so special that you shouldn't have to wait in line.

I think this has gone on long enough. It would be nice to get this thread back on track. I for one am very excited for the first Chicago fall show since, what, 2011? If you are complaining and still planning to go then im not sure what you hope to achieve with the continued griping. If you're boycotting then you really have nothing more to say. And thats where I'll leave it
I will be in Europe during this (thank god) so I dont have to wait in any lines and the Aragon blows. So Im way more cool and important as you can see.
Quote from: slowciablehodor on March 07, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Who doesn't love to pee on women?

iamkickinit

• Umphreak
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »

LolololWaC
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25   Go Up