TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I can relate to Whistle Kids....  (Read 4633 times)

Malepackage

• Favorite Track:: Andy's Last Beer
I can relate to Whistle Kids....
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:24:31 PM »

Especially after some raging Umphreys Shows.  My two little dudes busting into the bedroom at 6 AM to wake my ass up.   I have felt the same pain as Mr. Bayliss...

UMFree

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • is it time to play sheep yet?
Re: I can relate to Whistle Kids....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »

I just love reading the lyrics to Hangover and Whistle Kids and comparing the two.

Perhaps the Hangover saga will continue with part 3 when the grandkids come... ;D
Chicago, Chattanooga>Louisville>Indy>Kettering

Malepackage

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »

I just love reading the lyrics to Hangover and Whistle Kids and comparing the two.

Perhaps the Hangover saga will continue with part 3 when the grandkids come... ;D

Thatís a funny thought!!!   

All Thoughts Divided

• Umphreak
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 05:03:39 PM »

3 boys at home. The tune resonates.

Miss Angela

• Umphreak
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »

Dentures and Ovaltine

StoneJackBaller

• Spreadneck
  • Umphreak
  • Someday Life Will Be Sweet Like A Rhapsody
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:08:23 PM »

Yeah that's some funny shit.
I'd take Jerry Garcia on a good night over sex or food.

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 06:04:21 AM »

"I can't call in sick and just lay here on the floor"
Simple fact it still remains

UMFree

• Umphreak
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 07:29:27 AM »

"And even though you make the whole complete; I can't wait 'til I finally put you back to sleep"

This is probably my favorite line. Absolutely hilarious for anyone that's woken up hungover at 6am with a child only to think "ugh is it 9pm yet". This whole song is just so hysterical/clever. Really happy to see that UM is still writing goofy tunes like these.

flyfishmich

• Gone Fishin'
  • Administrator
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Macho Man>YMCA>In The Navy
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 08:06:09 AM »

My two little one busting into the bedroom at 7 AM to wake my ass up.   I have felt the same pain as Mr. Bayliss...
I value your understanding of who the band has been and their path to now, but God help me, sometimes I just want you to shut up.

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Bridgeless
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 08:12:26 AM »

"And even though you make the whole complete; I can't wait 'til I finally put you back to sleep"

This is probably my favorite line. Absolutely hilarious for anyone that's woken up hungover at 6am with a child only to think "ugh is it 9pm yet". This whole song is just so hysterical/clever. Really happy to see that UM is still writing goofy tunes like these.

I thought it was "home" not "whole" but could be wrong

UMFree

• Umphreak
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »

*shrug* its kinda hard to hear, but my ears are hearing more of an "L" sound in the middle of the word rather than an "M". Does the Deluxe package have penned lyrics in the artbook or anything?

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 10:20:38 AM »

I don't have kids but this song certainly reminds me of Thanksgiving. Spent it with my parents and some great family friends who have 6 and 7 year olds. I got drunk every night with the fam, and as the young single dude, slept on the day bed in the living room, only to be woken up by the youngsters at the crack of dawn every single day. Awesome tune, awesome lyrics.

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: BK Plungie till I fricken die
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »

I don't like Whistle Kids. Bayliss needs to stop writing dumb dad songs about his kids. I miss moody divorced Bayliss. Preferably chubby too. It's just suuuuch a boring song. Compared to any of their more laid back bluesy funk songs, this one just has nothing going on underneath the surface.
Hey brah listen to my band's live album: https://misterf.bandcamp.com/album/flive-2

jolson523

• Umphreak
  • Unicorns are old, but we'll still ride a horse.
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »

I don't like Whistle Kids. Bayliss needs to stop writing dumb dad songs about his kids. I miss moody divorced Bayliss. Preferably chubby too. It's just suuuuch a boring song. Compared to any of their more laid back bluesy funk songs, this one just has nothing going on underneath the surface.
+1

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »

So you prefer emo Bayliss to fun goofy Bayliss?

cshore

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: BK Plungie till I fricken die
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 01:02:26 PM »

Sure. Although I'll take older fun Bayliss over dad Bayliss anyday. Those kids sucked the good songs right out of him.  :poke:
Hey brah listen to my band's live album: https://misterf.bandcamp.com/album/flive-2

Malepackage

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 01:05:33 PM »

There is much depth of emotion within Bayliss, be he chubby or thin.   There is obviously more than meets the eye!   And kids have a way of changing ones perspective to a more positive outlook....   :wine:

RyanF

• Umphreak
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 03:24:41 PM »

Pretty sure it whole

RyanF

• Umphreak
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 03:28:40 PM »

Pretty sure it whole

Actually Iím voting hole

rutasea

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Phil's Dump
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »

Sure. Although I'll take older fun Bayliss over dad Bayliss anyday. Those kids sucked the good songs right out of him.  :poke:

Yeah, I got kids and Whistle Kids does nothing for me.  Cool as a joke to play with friends late night in someone's apt. and maybe at a holiday show.  But on an album?  Yeesh.  I prefer old school BB Chubs 100%.  Emo Bayliss was fine for a couple of years but then it stuck around forever and a few good songs turned into many lingering emotions creating too many crappy songs with obscure, uninteresting lyrics.  Glad dad BB replaced emo BB bec. something had to but if this is what he's writing for albums god help us all. 

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 04:40:18 PM »

Glad dad BB replaced emo BB bec. something had to but if this is what he's writing for albums god help us all.

I think it's fun and great because it's the anomaly on the album. Look at Maybe Someday. It's a really great song and those are the kind of lyrics we know and expect from BB these days. Whistle Kids is a small breath of fresh air and a big boost of variety compared to the rest of their songwriting. Sounds like they are having fun writing new songs, and that is always a good thing. I know many people disagree with me, but that's the beauty of music.

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »

Yeah, I got kids and Whistle Kids does nothing for me.  Cool as a joke to play with friends late night in someone's apt. and maybe at a holiday show.  But on an album?  Yeesh.  I prefer old school BB Chubs 100%.  Emo Bayliss was fine for a couple of years but then it stuck around forever and a few good songs turned into many lingering emotions creating too many crappy songs with obscure, uninteresting lyrics.  Glad dad BB replaced emo BB bec. something had to but if this is what he's writing for albums god help us all.

Lol do you really think god gives 2 fucks regarding your opinion of Bayliss lyrics?

rutasea

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Phil's Dump
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »

Glad dad BB replaced emo BB bec. something had to but if this is what he's writing for albums god help us all.

I think it's fun and great because it's the anomaly on the album. Look at Maybe Someday. It's a really great song and those are the kind of lyrics we know and expect from BB these days. Whistle Kids is a small breath of fresh air and a big boost of variety compared to the rest of their songwriting. Sounds like they are having fun writing new songs, and that is always a good thing. I know many people disagree with me, but that's the beauty of music.

Always hoipe they're having fun.  I assume they are and love what they're doing.  Doesn't mean I'm gonna lap it up though.  Glad you like it  :)

Lol do you really think god gives 2 fucks regarding your opinion of Bayliss lyrics?

Fixed  :laugh:

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 04:51:08 PM »

Always hoipe they're having fun.  I assume they are and love what they're doing.  Doesn't mean I'm gonna lap it up though.  Glad you like it  :)

Fixed  :laugh:
Exactly! He's not going to help you

Oldschoolchick76

• Favorite Track:: Nothing Too Fancy
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 06:31:18 AM »

Doesn't mean I'm gonna lap it up though.
Yes, yes.  You are a big girl with your opinions and I'm quite sure you don't lap anything up easily.  I value your understanding of who the band has been and their path to now, but God help me, sometimes I just want you to shut up.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up