TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Post: What's your favorite Venue in which to get down to the Umphreys?  (Read 1693 times)

Stringz

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Talladega

Buildings/event spaces are expensive. Different scale of course but Atlanta just built a billion dollar stadium. I can believe $65 million, but ya it does seem like a lot.

It does seem like a lot. The Palace Theater renovation in St. Paul was $15.6 million.

Iím sure capacity plays a part given that the Congress is almost twice the size, but thereís probably so many other variables too.
twice the size and labor/materials are probably substantially more pricey.  snucka's math checked out though.  i had to do it for myself bc I couldn't wrap my head around it.

4900 is a nice venue size.  I havent been to many indoor places with capacities that large that arent arenas.     

wiscomptonslacker

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: August

Holy shit - when is the last time they played there?  03/03/2011?

DiabetesCOLE

• Umphreak

Karl Hungus

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Water
  • Praise Iommi

My second show, and first non-festival show was at the Barrymore in '05. It was the night I 'got it." I regret missing the '06 run due to midterms and lack of a ride from Iowa but I saw every show there until '11 except for one. What a great venue though. The cheap refills on their beers were nice and the super relaxed security didn't care if you were hot boxing the handicapped bathroom.

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian

My second show, and first non-festival show was at the Barrymore in '05. It was the night I 'got it." I regret missing the '06 run due to midterms and lack of a ride from Iowa but I saw every show there until '11 except for one. What a great venue though. The cheap refills on their beers were nice and the super relaxed security didn't care if you were hot boxing the handicapped bathroom.

I made the trip to Milwaukee in 06. Definitely regret not going to Mad Town beforehand, but I was also in high school and traveling on week nights wasn't really feasible...

wiscomptonslacker

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: August

Yeah - Barrymore shows were definitely good times.  Security was awesome and super lax.  Room was intimate and shitty, but in a fun kind of way. 

Miss Angela

• Umphreak

was at the House of Blues Boston for Jrad, and still despite the security really like that room ALOT

Sounds good, clean bathrooms and great bar service

Also, UM has played a few good shows there but hasn't returned since 2014 Halloween?

StoneJackBaller

• Umphreak

Tennessee Theatre is my favorite place I've seen UM

You must really consider the circus
Cuz it just might be your kinda zoo

Miss Angela

• Umphreak

Tennessee Theatre is my favorite place I've seen UM

Ain't no place I'd rather be is anywhere but Tennessee lol jk
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up