TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Rocks 2018  (Read 33594 times)

Wrapped around Chicago

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Bridgeless
Re: Red Rocks 2018
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »

I would take Papadosio over Stick Figure. Never seen Dosio, but I would assume they're better on drugs than Stick Figure? Do they have their own dog like Stick Figure?

That shit was bad lol. Atleast the dog was cool and we were spared a lame sit in if I remember (the dog coming back out during UM was badass tho).

I was literally in disbelief when a cute girl from Chicago sitting behind me told me she flew out for Stick Figure and then ended up leaving before the first set of UM was finished.
I live on the Central Coast of CA where white boy reggae flourishes.  I was pretty surprised to see Stick Figure sell out the little theatre in San Luis Obispo.  The real kicker is the opening act... Twiddle.

Yea twiddle was the opener for the whole tour. Very suprised to see that

RedBirdBath

• Favorite Track:: None
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »

I did to bus 2 show for JRAD last year and will never do that again.  Didn't get into the venue until the second or third song.  Fucking shitshow.

What service did you use? I think CID times it so you get there right as the doors open, which should theoretically leave enough time to get into the show.

Uncle Joey

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Browning Family Creed
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »

I did to bus 2 show for JRAD last year and will never do that again.  Didn't get into the venue until the second or third song.  Fucking shitshow.

What service did you use? I think CID times it so you get there right as the doors open, which should theoretically leave enough time to get into the show.

he did bus to show. he literally just said that.

i did J2G or whoever spams the bort for RR last year and it worked out great. from pregame to arrival to after the show, all went smoothly and gave us everything we needed.
I got a bunch of nice slim fit slacks from eddie bauer that will custom hem them to the 1/4" and also any waist size for <$50 a piece. Definitely would recommend.

WentzyMcSimmons

• Umphreak
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »

i did J2G or whoever spams the bort for RR last year and it worked out great. from pregame to arrival to after the show, all went smoothly and gave us everything we needed.

I too had a bad experience with B2S. This was back in 2012, so maybe they have gotten their shit together, but it was a TOTAL SHIT SHOW! It was a disorganized mess from the beginning. They were late getting to the meeting spot in Denver and acted with no urgency whatsoever. I was constantly checking my watch since we really wanted to see RRE as well. They made it seem like you'd get there with time to spare in the parking lot. We finally left Denver giving us just enough time to make it there right when RRE starts. Halfway there the bus starts to break down. They had to pull into a gas station. We ended up hitch hiking essentially. My wife and I and another couple flagged down an SUV and we each paid him to drive the remaining 10-15. We got in right in time for RRE, but lost out on the ideal "seats". Terrible experience from beginning to end with them. The whole point of using the service is to not be stressed out about travel to/from. The way home was fine I guess, if there is any consolation.

RedBirdBath

• Favorite Track:: None
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2018, 11:47:12 AM »

My bad - didn't realize Bus 2 Show was the actual name of the service, thought he was describing the service that these fall under as a general statement.

NJH973

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Stinko's Ascension
  • sarcasm is the lowest form of posting
« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »

I did Bus to Show one day at Red Rocks last summer and my experience was a lot like Wentzy McSimmons. Long, slow moving lines at the beginning with lollygagging employees. Don't think we got there until mid-way through Snarky Puppy. It was amazing to me how inefficient it was considering how often they do it. The bus was also hot and crowded and they blared loud music. Did get to drink a few IPAs on the way and met some cool people, but I think an Uber would be a better deal.

zach

• Umphreak
  • value added consumer experience
« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »

I stayed in a hotel in Lakewood a few years ago for MMJ & the hotel ran a shuttle for $20 iirc. No perks, but the price was right. I'll try to figure out exactly which hotel it was.

perry

• Umphreak
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »

I did Bus To Show for the MMJ NYE run at 1ST Bank Center back in December.  I do agree with the check in being a little unprofessional. 1 kid on his Iphone sitting in the Cheba Hut parking lot looking for names to dish out wristbands, which took a while.  But they left super early, getting us to the lot in before the doors even opened, so we had time to sit and drink for a while with plenty of time to get in before the opener started each night.

Albert Ross

• Umphreak
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2018, 02:12:32 PM »

First time I took bus to show in 2012 the bus broke down on the highway and had to stop at a gas station, half the people got off there and called for rides or cabs. Ended up missing all of Railroad Earth which pissed off some wooks who were only going to see them. And there was a stressed out younger girl who kept bitching and whining the whole time "this is NOT red rocks!!! where are we going????" prompting people to make fun of her. Pretty epic experience really. I took it a few times after that and it went smoothly those times unfortunately

snuckaskitchen

• Umphreak
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2018, 06:12:39 PM »

First time I took bus to show in 2012 the bus broke down on the highway and had to stop at a gas station, half the people got off there and called for rides or cabs. Ended up missing all of Railroad Earth which pissed off some wooks who were only going to see them. And there was a stressed out younger girl who kept bitching and whining the whole time "this is NOT red rocks!!! where are we going????" prompting people to make fun of her. Pretty epic experience really. I took it a few times after that and it went smoothly those times unfortunately

hilarious
Oh look! Is it a bird?! No! Is it a plane?! No! Oh my god, it's a flying fuck!

AlexTheDictator

• Umphreak
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:20 AM »

Yeah I didn't find it epic at all.  Terribly unforgettable, but not epic.  Bus 2 Show can suck Pennsylvania truck stop glory hole dick.

Seabass

• Favorite Track:: Bad Friday, Looks
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:57 AM »

Phish

timewilltell

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: #5 Blecho the haunt, dump city
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2018, 06:43:55 AM »

I would take Papadosio over Stick Figure. Never seen Dosio, but I would assume they're better on drugs than Stick Figure? Do they have their own dog like Stick Figure?

That shit was bad lol. Atleast the dog was cool and we were spared a lame sit in if I remember (the dog coming back out during UM was badass tho).

I was literally in disbelief when a cute girl from Chicago sitting behind me told me she flew out for Stick Figure and then ended up leaving before the first set of UM was finished.
I live on the Central Coast of CA where white boy reggae flourishes.  I was pretty surprised to see Stick Figure sell out the little theatre in San Luis Obispo.  The real kicker is the opening act... Twiddle.

I mean if youíre going to get a tier 7 band to open at least pick someone good like aqueous.
Quote from: slowciablehodor on March 07, 2017, 06:32:05 PM
Who doesn't love to pee on women?

nextmovement41

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Blue Echo
« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:33 AM »

I mean if youíre going to get a tier 7 band to open at least pick someone good like aqueous.

Agreed. Dosio is so so bad

SteveDet

• Umphreak
« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »

There's 7 tiers??

FussyManDutch

• Mr.
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Nachos For Two
  • Make it fucking count, people
« Reply #215 on: February 14, 2018, 08:59:58 AM »

Simple fact it still remains

Tjnik88

« Reply #216 on: February 14, 2018, 09:17:13 AM »

I'm sure Aqueous could squeeze two songs into an hour opening set.  I'd like to see Marcus King Band again.

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #217 on: February 14, 2018, 09:18:42 AM »

There's 7 tiers??
I'd say 5, with 5th tier being GD/Phish cover bands. 4th is OG local yammers. 3rd is national touring newbs. 2nd is established vet bands that never reached that top level (UM, WSP, SCI), and 1st tier are the big boys (GD, Phish).

Uncle Joey

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Browning Family Creed
« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:35 AM »

there are at least 13 tiers you idiots
I got a bunch of nice slim fit slacks from eddie bauer that will custom hem them to the 1/4" and also any waist size for <$50 a piece. Definitely would recommend.

UMFree

• Bayliss' Therapist
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Pick's Stew
  • The hallways will always be there
« Reply #219 on: February 14, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »

There's 7 tiers??
I'd say 5, with 5th tier being GD/Phish cover bands. 4th is OG local yammers. 3rd is national touring newbs. 2nd is established vet bands that never reached that top level (UM, WSP, SCI), and 1st tier are the big boys (GD, Phish).

LOL  :facepalm: if this isn't the most ridiculous jam band fan shit ive ever seen, idk what would be. This is almost signature material, but alas, it is still time to crap in Jake's back door.

You're welcome. Buy the ticket take the ride. I take my concerts seriously.

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2018, 10:12:11 AM »

There's 7 tiers??

UM is tier 1 bro. Torch has been passed.

Jcubson

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions
  • No way, get real.
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2018, 10:13:22 AM »

Map it out, you won't.

nextmovement41

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Blue Echo
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »

Map it out, you won't.

Brah, there infinite tiers

Jimmy

• Fun Hogger
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Divisions > Chads >Gulf Stream
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »

slowciableslowdor

• Umphreak
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2018, 10:29:31 AM »

There's 7 tiers??

LOL  :facepalm: if this isn't the most ridiculous jam band fan shit ive ever seen, idk what would be. This is almost signature material, but alas, it is still time to crap in Jake's back door.

I'd still put UM at tier 3. WSP and Cheese and Mule and shit like that are a tier above them. When UM moves from the Thursday night headliner to the Friday/Saturday headliners at lockn we can talk about tier 2.

And in before someone argues these cold hard facts because they don't like panic or mule.

any tune can improv of u make it into a sandwich 😋
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26   Go Up