TheBort

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Couch Tour  (Read 83488 times)

perry

• Umphreak
Re: Couch Tour
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »

I had no problems last night.  I had a couple skips initially, but then just dropped the picture resolution a few notches and didnt have any problems after that.

Atmosforman

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Fir, Synco, Eat, HBB
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:13 AM »

No issues with my stream last night either. There was one moment during the improv set where the video fully cut out and I had to refresh the page to get the stream back but I'm thinking that was probably on my end and not TourGigs' fault.

Fuck you, I'm honestly a very tolerant person.

Agent Mulder

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: The Floor Utopian Fir DBK
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:28 AM »

Show was amazing. Stream was perfect. Not 1 blip
Fox Mulder: Think about it. From vampirism to Catholicism, whether literally or symbolically, the reward for eating flesh is eternal life.

brink

• Umphreak
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »

Have they been showing Tauk as well?

bazzario

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Fir, Much Obliged
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 01:03:58 PM »

watching the replay, TourLags can't keep up. Glad to hear that it seemed to work while it was live.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:08:40 PM by bazzario »

Random Ass

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Draconian
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 01:25:18 PM »

why do you guys keep giving them your money if they keep giving you what you perceive to be a shitty service?

I don't recall giving them any money since the first UMBowl

nothing seems to have changed though.

never again

Streams were still through iClips back then.

Jahelsdway

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Set Break
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »

Sounds like team UM succeeded on not ripping off their fans on another stream.

Yes, because UM "wanted to rip off fans by providing an inferior product."

Who you quoting there brahzilla? I'm just passing along my congratulations on not ripping off fans on a stream for once. Kudos. Very proud. The future is indeed bright. My shades are on. Croakies and all. So quit pissing in my ear.

funktastic

• Umphreak
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 03:44:05 PM »

Who you quoting there brahzilla? I'm just passing along my congratulations on not ripping off fans on a stream for once. Kudos. Very proud. The future is indeed bright. My shades are on. Croakies and all. So quit pissing in my ear.

:facepalm:

Jahelsdway

• Umphreak
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 03:56:56 PM »

JWelsh

• UM Laison & Webmaster, Architect, Urban Designer, Music Fan
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: The Other Side of Things
  • I'm in charge of lemonade.
    • Umphrey's McGee
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »

Again, by "ripping off" you assume that the band is somehow making more money by giving fans an inferior product. Where that is not the case. Maybe if you said "Congrats to TourGigs for not screwing up Umphrey's stream! You know, if you buy the whole package each show comes out to be around $8.67; far from a rip-off, that sounds like a bargain!"

Jahelsdway

• Umphreak
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 06:31:24 PM »

Again, by "ripping off" you assume that the band is somehow making more money by giving fans an inferior product. Where that is not the case. Maybe if you said "Congrats to TourGigs for not screwing up Umphrey's stream! You know, if you buy the whole package each show comes out to be around $8.67; far from a rip-off, that sounds like a bargain!"

Huh? Please explain to me how saying "ripping off" is assuming that Team UM (not specifically "the band" by the way) is making more money by providing fans an inferior product? That's quite the logical leap. Either way, I do think there is deceit in the way the streams are marketed versus the final product that has often been delivered.

For the record, I'm simply personally referring to the last two streams that I paid for, that were widely regarded as unacceptable, and I didn't receive a refund or free code for a future stream. All while many others indicated that they did. And yes I reached out to Kevin, at your recommendation. And I kindly contacted TourGigs as well. I'd describe this as being "ripped off" since clearly someone felt the need to compensate at least some other customers. Would you like me to forward you the email I sent to Kevin and you can check with him on why he ignored it?

Am I off-base by assuming a stream that isn't free will be somewhat watchable? For me and the dictionary, the term "ripping off" can certainly apply to a situation where goods or services were purchased but not delivered as they were advertised. I didn't see any fine print saying the streaming product may be unwatchable but we still get to keep your money if it is. Welcome to the lawsuit. So yeah I think I'm qualified to phrase my praise for a successful stream as salty as I'd like.

You can deflect the stream issues back onto TourGigs all you want too. The end product people are paying for is UM. It's sad to hear you not take any responsibility but not at all surprising since there have been so many issues with Team UM's implementation of this great emerging technology.

And thank you for pointing out the great value of the streaming package but my concern is with the quality and not the cost. But since you brought it up, do you care to expand on the single stream 30% price increase? Inflation that bad these days? Did TourGigs earn it? Trying to reduce the number of people streaming in hopes of increasing the stream quality?

Thank you for eliciting this nice melt though. Maybe if I keep at it, someone will try to change the current approach to this stumbling business model.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:33:01 PM by juanelway »

Bron Yr Aur

• Umphreak
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »

Juanelway maybe if you want to have a discussion try not to sound like such a condescending asshole

Jahelsdway

• Umphreak
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 07:23:01 PM »

Juanelway maybe if you want to have a discussion try not to sound like such a condescending asshole

My apologies, I did go a bit over board.

I fucking love UM though and really want them to get this streaming thing figured out so I can participate again. Or at least set up in a way that I don't get burned if there are issues. I'm really big on businesses making it right when they don't deliver.

I've tried many times to have a discussion about this without being a dick but nothing gets accomplished. I think you have to try different approaches if you really want to see some changes to something and your previous attempts haven't worked.

brink

• Umphreak
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »

So no Tauk?

flyfishmich

• Gone Fishin'
  • Administrator
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Macho Man>YMCA>In The Navy
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2016, 08:28:17 PM »

Roku is all set up, beer is cold, not appreciating the late start.
I value your understanding of who the band has been and their path to now, but God help me, sometimes I just want you to shut up.

txumphreak

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2016, 09:49:23 PM »

I'm home from the bar hammered as fuck and watching this stream again. You guys need to chill the fuck out.

Jahelsdway

• Umphreak
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 10:07:38 PM »

I'm home from the bar hammered as fuck and watching this stream again. You guys need to chill the fuck out.

:untz:

EzyEric

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »

On tourgigs now. I thought show was supposed to start at 7:30? I guess they are not showing Tauk so stream wont start until 9:00pm?  This sucks I planned for 7:30 as thats what tourgigs.com said earlier.  Sitting here ready with wife and drinks.

WesternSBCmich

• KISB
  • Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Tempest
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2016, 08:12:22 PM »

On tourgigs now. I thought show was supposed to start at 7:30? I guess they are not showing Tauk so stream wont start until 9:00pm?  This sucks I planned for 7:30 as thats what tourgigs.com said earlier.  Sitting here ready with wife and drinks.

Code?
I like to dance I like to ski, I like to dance I like to ski

EzyEric

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »

Wow amazing tinkles to start the show. Perfect spacey rock jam.  Arena looks packed!!

JWelsh

• Umphreak
    • Umphrey's McGee
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 09:08:33 PM »

By saying someone succeeds in something, that implies there was intent to get something accomplished. When one succeeds in "ripping off," it implies that there was intent to "rip off." My initial comments were in response to this claim that Umphrey's McGee intended to provide a bad stream in order to accomplish something.

Now, I didn't watch Cleveland's steam. But I have watched the last three nights without issue. So either the stream provider needed to work out issues in this city in Ohio to the detriment of Umphrey's fans, or there was an issue on the receiving end. Sounds like it was more than one person so it would lead one to think TourGigs has issues. In the past, it seems like they've responded favorably to emails. I can't say for certain.

Either way, the band didn't succeed in giving you stream issues.

UmphreakinPoopinAtItAgain

• Umphreak
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »

Either way, the band didn't succeed in giving you stream issues.

TG should have done their homework though.  Trying to provide a service inside a venue with next to no internet should have been obvious before the band even arrived.

I got my money back and it was rather painless.  Even if they deliver a shitty service, TG is at least pretty cool about getting you your money back.

JWelsh

• Umphreak
    • Umphrey's McGee
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2016, 02:39:04 PM »

I got my money back and it was rather painless.  Even if they deliver a shitty service, TG is at least pretty cool about getting you your money back.

Great to hear. Maybe you can share how you contacted with TG to other Borters.

Uncle Wally

• Umphreak
  • Favorite Track:: Speak Up with J. Redman
  • Umphans are the BEST fans
    • InsideOut wTnS podcast
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2016, 03:17:21 PM »

So no Tauk?

I would also have liked to have seen Tauk.

ALSO - as someone who has been critical of TourGigs in the past, i wanna say that i think that they did some of their best directing in Madison, i remember some very creative stuff during the improv set in particular.  It is VERY frustrating when there are dropouts (and it represents the band poorly) but when the stream IS working well I think TourGigs comes up with some interesting angles and captures the band, crowd and light show VERY well.
It's not how many shows you've seen, it's how much you pay attention to the show you are attending at any given time which is significant to me.   www.osirispod.com

UmphreakinPoopinAtItAgain

• Umphreak
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 03:12:40 PM »

Great to hear. Maybe you can share how you contacted with TG to other Borters.

I emailed support@tourgigs.com

Referenced my order number and let them know the issue

They'll send an email back saying they would like to credit your account for a future show or you can get a full refund.  I chose the refund
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50   Go Up